PDA

View Full Version : NL50 river bluff

checktheriver
10-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Villain is a 15/10/1 TAG. I have a very tight image.
I'm not really sure what I'm trying to represent here, but his line seemed really weak to me.
Do you like it ?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $38.70
BB: $77.45
Hero (BTN): $57.90

Pre-Flop: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $7.50</font>, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($19.25) K/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

River: ($29.25) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $32</font>

whyzze
10-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure what you are representing...QJ maybe? I definately think that QJ is ahead of his range. I see him with AJ. I would prefer raising his turn bet instead of the river. If you had a hand &gt;QJ you would have had to make a play before the river because of the draws.

Its going to be tough for him to call with &lt;2pair.

21SuicideKing21
10-16-2007, 05:06 PM
I actually like your line here, I mean his turn and river bets are really weak and against a player like this I like trying to push him out of this type of board where he could easily have a weak J. Did you notice him hesitating on any of these bets?

Phytopath
10-16-2007, 06:45 PM
How often does this guy see the river? Your line is very strong, unless he calls way too much on the river I really like this play, his bets seem super weak.

Milky
10-16-2007, 07:10 PM
I like a turn raise much better, as it's most likely a scary card for him and could very well have helped your hand. That combined w/his weak lead makes be raise here almost always.

CruS
10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Pretty much the only hands villain holds that you won't get rid of is 55 and 66. Given the action I do have those in his range, but I think AJ is a much bigger part of it.

TheChad
10-16-2007, 07:19 PM
really looks like AJ here. he called a raise OOP and c/r the flop. turn/river bets are srsly small. Good bluff.

oh, raise turn.

iheartponeez
10-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I like that since Pokey told us we're weak-tight, everyone starts going "Good bluff!"

Numfar
10-16-2007, 07:21 PM
His line does seem weak but I don't think I would ever bluff a 15/10/1 who has bet 3 streets. His weakness could easily be "ZOMG I have 3 Js ... please don't fold". Having said that, Qh on the River - bluff away. He's tight so he can probably fold a hand but assuming he has something he probably needs a good reason to do it.

members_only
10-16-2007, 08:15 PM
What a strange line from villain. Had you seen him do anything comparable before?

It looks very blocker-ish, and given your description of the situation I don't see any reason to imagine that he could be trying to induce a raise. On the river, yes you aren't representing that much but that doesn't make it easy to look you up.

Agree with Milky that a turn raise would be better in some ways but then he's giving you such good odds to draw...

ghostface
10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a turn raise much better, as it's most likely a scary card for him and could very well have helped your hand. That combined w/his weak lead makes be raise here almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]