PDA

View Full Version : Stoxpoker 12 months Premium fropm PSO? Catch?

matt85
10-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Hi.

I was going to join Stoxpoker today but just noticed you can get 12 months membership as a bonus through PSO. Is it really as simple as just completing any poker room and they give you the full year as $270 of value seems pretty sweet, or am I missing something? If so, which room would you recommend I do? I already have accounts at UB, titan, stars and party from their list. I probably would't be planning on staying there after completion of the bonus as I already have existing account's with RB elsewhere so misggin out on 'better' RB deals wouldn't be an issue.

Cheers,

Matt.

thisnamedoesntfi
10-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Bodog clears super easy as does the Hollywood poker . Both offer the Stoxpoker membership.

matt85
10-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks.

I think it will be Hollywood then as the Bodog softwarte makes my brain hurt.

How long does it roughly take 4 tabling .25/.5 NL 6 Max?

thisnamedoesntfi
10-16-2007, 08:03 AM
I played a mix of 25PLO and 50PLO and I can only tell you it took like no time at all. 225 points on Hollywood is total rake, that you contribute to, of $225. So if avg rake is 50 cents its 450 hands. Plus they have 6x first deposit bonus and that's not a bad bonus to clear either just quietly.

matt85
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
And presumably the whole deal with PSO with the 12 months membership went hassle free as well? How long did you have to wait after completion for it?

Cheers.

Bobo Fett
10-16-2007, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And presumably the whole deal with PSO with the 12 months membership went hassle free as well? How long did you have to wait after completion for it?

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't recall exactly how long mine took, but I'm sure it was within a few days or less, and hassle-free. This is a FANTASTIC deal, and I'd highly recommend it.

mdrudeen
10-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Any suggestions for US based players who can't do Hollywood?

Looks like either Cake, Carbon, or Wingows (did Bodog long ago)

hallo!
10-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Carbon clears ass fast!

matt85
10-18-2007, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't recall exactly how long mine took, but I'm sure it was within a few days or less, and hassle-free. This is a FANTASTIC deal, and I'd highly recommend it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi. I finished it in less than 4 hours or so table play and applied for it on PSO but Hollywood have blocked my account for no reason (read: 'random security investigation') the [censored]!

So probably wouldn't reccommend Hollywood because they are lieing pieces of [censored] but the bonus is still pretty good.

thisnamedoesntfi
10-18-2007, 05:08 PM
I've had nothing but good experience with Hollywood Poker. Maybe it is just a random check?

matt85
10-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeh it is according to support but they said it would be an 'investigation' until then and my account would remain blocked.. no time scale given. They just CANNOT do that with my money, its ridiculous. Would stars do that you think?

Bobo Fett
10-18-2007, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeh it is according to support but they said it would be an 'investigation' until then and my account would remain blocked.. no time scale given. They just CANNOT do that with my money, its ridiculous. Would stars do that you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm...yes, they can, and many major sites do it. It sucks, and they certainly should give a time frame, but this isn't unheard of. FT is famous for it. Stars? No, probably not, especially not without a time frame...but then Stars is known for being one of the best-run sites out there.

dc_publius
10-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Are their regular member videos the same quality as the 'free demos'? Because the quality of the free demos for me is horrible. There is no way anyone could make out HUD stats and even the cards themselves are blurry as heck. I was thinking of doing this promo (or just signing up) but if that's the quality of their member videos, I'm not going to bother.

Bobo Fett
10-22-2007, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Are their regular member videos the same quality as the 'free demos'? Because the quality of the free demos for me is horrible. There is no way anyone could make out HUD stats and even the cards themselves are blurry as heck. I was thinking of doing this promo (or just signing up) but if that's the quality of their member videos, I'm not going to bother.

[/ QUOTE ]
They actually have a forum on this site now, under Coaching/Training. You might want to post there and see what you can find out.

thisnamedoesntfi
10-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Actually I agree in that the previews are crap, which has really put me off their product.

stoxtrader
10-22-2007, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm positive free members can see cards/PAHUD stats without problem. We have three options for viewing and the free demos are the option with the lowest quality because of internet speed and DRM issues.

inverted
10-23-2007, 02:57 AM
Dont do the wingows one, it was very tough to do even when it was 100 raked hands. Now that its 500 raked hands you might have to spend 2 weeks there, the problem is there are barely any games. If you do try wingows only play NL50 and above, those games are pretty rare but it doesnt clear at all at nl25.

BotOnTilt
10-23-2007, 04:23 AM
Check out the samples from PSO, I could read out the PT stats. In the free gifts section choose Stox and click on the video sample link.

Here is a direct link, I hope they don't mind:
http://www.pokersourceonline.com/videos/midlimit.wmv

bigblackbuddha
10-24-2007, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Actually I agree in that the previews are crap, which has really put me off their product.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course the demos are going to be terrible quality. Look at the free videos that have up, such as the one BotOnTilt posted (which is also on the website). Much higher quality.

thisnamedoesntfi
10-24-2007, 02:58 AM
I was more referring to the droll commentary and lack of information I saw in the previews. I know, I know, the don't want to give away all their secrets for free, but at least make it look like it might be worthwhile. I'm referring to the PLO preview videos, as they are the ones I'd be interested in.

Casper0
10-24-2007, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont do the wingows one, it was very tough to do even when it was 100 raked hands. Now that its 500 raked hands you might have to spend 2 weeks there, the problem is there are barely any games. If you do try wingows only play NL50 and above, those games are pretty rare but it doesnt clear at all at nl25.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree.

Maybe now that the promo is up to 500 raked hands to clear it is a bit of a stretch at anything under 1/2 in a reasonable amoutn of time.

I started the promo before it went to 500 raked hands and at .10/.25 just 2 tabling it can be cleared in under 8 hours(most likely considerably less time in fact)I would say.

Jude the Apostle
10-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Has the OP got a link to this offer.
Thanks in advance.

Bobo Fett
10-24-2007, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has the OP got a link to this offer.
Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]
pokersourceonline.com