PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Interesting Hand

Milky
10-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Sat down at the table a few hands ago. hadn't seen villain do anything unusual. Thoughts?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

UTG: $24.65
CO: $24.20
BTN: $31.60
SB: $16
Hero (BB): $25.35

Pre-Flop: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.75</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6.75</font>, Hero calls $3.75

Turn: ($15.10) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $17.85 and is All-In</font>

hoyasaxa
10-15-2007, 10:28 PM
my first thought was: spew
my second was\s: awful

i would just fold to the 3 bet
shoving on the turn is awful. what worse hand is going to call you? a raw 8?

basically, you caught someone either bluffing or overplaying a straight draw. either way this hand in the long run will be the exception and not the norm.

bsball8806
10-15-2007, 10:31 PM
ehhhh, don't really like calling with J10o when you'll be OOP the entire hand.

I believe BTN has some sort of overpair. I don't really mind the flop c/r, but I think we should fold when he raises you on the flop.

Milky
10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
The main reason I played it like this was because it was an openraise from the button. I pushed turn because I have fold equity vs JJ/QQ or some other wacky hand (obv AA/KK aren't folding) and I picked up the OESD to go w/my pair.

SemiteStoned
10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
What are you repping w. this turn shove? QK? QJ? Both of these to an observant opponent are not very likely based on your play this hand.

Villians range is comprised mainly of sets and overpairs, and you are not getting them to folda ny of those hands w/ a turn lead shove.

FOld to the flop 3bet.

corsakh
10-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry, gotta wait for AZ to reply first.

Milky
10-15-2007, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, gotta wait for AZ to reply first.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

kurto
10-15-2007, 11:45 PM
I can't think of any hand that you open push the turn like that. Why not push the flop?

It feels like you don't want a call. I think you can occasionally get a fold, I just don't know if you fold hands that beat you often enough for the play to be profitable.

Milky
10-15-2007, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of any hand that you open push the turn like that. Why not push the flop?

It feels like you don't want a call. I think you can occasionally get a fold, I just don't know if you fold hands that beat you often enough for the play to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not saying I should actually push the flop here are you? Or do you think there's some merit to it?

Milky
10-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Actually a flop push might not be too bad.

If villain's range is something like 77+, AKo we have about 46% equity... add in some FE and that might not be too bad of a move...

kurto
10-17-2007, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not saying I should actually push the flop here are you? Or do you think there's some merit to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying, considering the action, why would you call his 4 bet and then push the turn? If you had a set or something you'd probably just push after his 4 bet. I'm not sure why you would have waited for the turn to push

alexDJI
10-17-2007, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my first thought was: spew
my second was\s: awful

i would just fold to the 3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

And why not 4-bet shove?

Antinome
10-17-2007, 04:43 PM
I think a check/call of his cbet is standard. You have a perfectly reasonable small pot hand, we're ahead of his range, and have a little draw on the side, he's cooperating in making it a small pot hand.... I see no reason to make one of those dopey check-almost-minraises that scream "I have one pair, it isn't very strong, but I don't think you have anything"... Especially with the draw, which I totally do not want to get pushed off of. Like, if I had air, or was super-unlikely to improve with bottom pair of threes, then maybe a check-almost-minraise is OK. But here? Call the flop. re-evaluate turn (probably a c/f here).

nutstoyou
10-17-2007, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a check/call of his cbet is standard. You have a perfectly reasonable small pot hand, we're ahead of his range, and have a little draw on the side, he's cooperating in making it a small pot hand.... I see no reason to make one of those dopey check-almost-minraises that scream "I have one pair, it isn't very strong, but I don't think you have anything"... Especially with the draw, which I totally do not want to get pushed off of. Like, if I had air, or was super-unlikely to improve with bottom pair of threes, then maybe a check-almost-minraise is OK. But here? Call the flop. re-evaluate turn (probably a c/f here). [/quote

+1