PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this?

PJo336
10-15-2007, 04:28 PM
This happened twice today in <400 hands and I have no idea what it meant.

In this case the villian is 26/10/2 over >100 hands. I really dont know why i even called preflop cuz i have no way of knowing if a Q or an A would be good, but i do have pos and good odds

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

Hero ($24.25)
SB ($27.70)
BB ($30)
UTG ($9.75)
MP ($9.05)
CO ($31.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3.5</font>, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($7.10) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $4</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $11.10

seriously, has anyone seen this before? what does it mean?

kurto
10-15-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't understand the question.

He minraised you pf and cont. bet the flop.

he had a good hand pf or wanted to rep one.

Logun
10-15-2007, 04:33 PM
action is funky
PF limp, min reraise - from the CO though.

I chalk them up to being idiots with AA

PJo336
10-15-2007, 04:34 PM
a minraise would be to 2.25

and i have never seen someone in micros do this from the CO

PJo336
10-15-2007, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I chalk them up to being idiots with AA

[/ QUOTE ]
this is kinda what i thought, but he raises ~10% of hands, thats fairly nitty, so how does that not include AA

derosnec
10-15-2007, 04:37 PM
just fold pf. you'll give yourself an aneurysm trying to figure out if you're in a +EV situation. check your PT DB: this is not where your big money comes from. or you can call, but you'll be folding a ton of flops.

buttonpusher
10-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I've seen this as being a lowish pocket alot of the time ( &lt;99 ). I don't know if that is what players who make this move always have, but from hands I have seen, they seem to have low pockets a majority of the time.

PJo336
10-15-2007, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen this as being a lowish pocket alot of the time ( &lt;99 ). I don't know if that is what players who make this move always have, but from hands I have seen, they seem to have low pockets a majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my line of thinking which is why I called pre, although i dont know how much trust i can put in that read, its pretty much a guess.

Does ev1 fold preflop?

buttonpusher
10-15-2007, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my line of thinking which is why I called pre, although i dont know how much trust i can put in that read, its pretty much a guess.

Does ev1 fold preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold unless i have seen them make this move before and the hand went to showdown to give me an idea of when they make this move.

CyberianBull
10-15-2007, 04:48 PM
I have been seeing that a lot myself - but mostly it's the short stack limping and then pushing all in over the pf raiser -- and most of the time it's something like 22-77 range. At 100BB from a dumbass -- this is almost always AA-QQ so I fold pf and don't give them the satisfaction... they don't understand that they would be getting more value by just flat calling your raise and c/r any flop. They are scurred, hence the donk bet. Regardless, whether it's 22-77, or AA-QQ you are behind, so fold.

TTStrangler
10-15-2007, 05:41 PM
I could be way off here but a limp/raise usually screams big PP to me. Villain may have thought he had some great read on you (or maybe someone else at the table) and just "knew" that someone would raise for him, then he would spring loose with a "big" raise. Flop looks so dry he probably thought he might lose you with a bigger c-bet.

This is all speculation though as I really have no idea /images/graemlins/grin.gif

choccypie
10-15-2007, 05:42 PM
At these stakes a limp/reraise usually mean a big hand like AA/KK/AK and QQ to a lesser extent, or at least that's what I've seen so far. Then again there are players who do this with higher pocket pairs, but since villian only raises 10% of his hands preflop I think you should fold to his 3bet.

Scuba Chuck
10-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I have seen this done with AQ to mid pairs. In particularly, I'm referring to people with 10-12ish pfr stats. If his stats were 8 or less, it's one of 2 hands.

I [censored] hate that they do it.

His limp/raise is not a min-raise btw. It's a real raise. You're calling $2.25 into a $5.10 pot. Calling is thin, but I'd probably do it. Flop action is good.