PDA

View Full Version : 50NL TPTK on the flop turns sour against calling station

Genz
10-15-2007, 03:39 PM
This is what I have about villain: he joined the table at the same time as me. He posted his blind UTG, so I tagged him as at least a newbie. He then played a hand like this: I open A2o OTB, he calls; flop is Q82 with two diamonds. I bet slightly more than half pot, he calls; turn is another 8; both check; river is a J, no flush possible; we both check and he shows TT. So he is probably passive, but not really scared of overcards. I think I saw him call with very mediocre hands during the session, but I'm not sure. My thinking was that he was a calling station and I should value bet him when I had a hand, but try not to bluff him.

I don't know if I had his stats up at that point, but he is running like 29/0/0.2 after 50 hands.

So I thought that my TP is probably good on the flop. I don't like the turn card, obviously, but I think it might scare him (although it's unlikely since he probably gets married to PPs) and it's another high spade and it's unlikely that he has a flush now. Well, his call is pretty unwelcome.
What do you do on the turn? Bet/fold? Check/fold? Check/call? If you bet, how much? For how much more would you call or fold? If you check/call, for how much do you call?

To make things easier: Villain has $22.92 left on the river.

Carlos Poker 0.25/0.50, hand converted by the iPoker Converter (http://www.talking-poker.com/hands/converter.aspx) at Talking-Poker (http://www.talking-poker.com)

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($65.07)
SB Hero ($51.76)
BB <font color="#C00000">BB ($30.92)</font>
UTG ($81.53)
UTG+1 ($61.95)

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
3 folds, Hero raises to 1.25, BB calls 1.00.

Flop (3.00) 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets 2.00, BB calls 2.00.

Turn (7.00) K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets 4.50, BB calls 4.50.

River (16.00) 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets ???

PJo336
10-15-2007, 03:42 PM
it doesnt sound like he would bet without an incredible hand so id prob stick to c/f and hope for showdown

PJo336
10-15-2007, 03:42 PM
also turn i bet fold as im sure u were doing

Genz
10-15-2007, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also turn i bet fold as im sure u were doing

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much. I didn't expect him to raise. But if he had, I wouldn't have felted, because that's what it would have come too, since if he actually decides to raise, he will probably push on the river.

PJo336
10-15-2007, 03:54 PM
If he raises at any point id be inclined to drop ur hand. Whenever a passive station throws out a bet alarms should be going off...granted ur sample is small on this guy but deeming by the limited experience u have he sounds like a fish