PDA

View Full Version : 50NL AA against Semi LP 3 flush Turn

Riverflow
10-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Villain is 27/18/0.8. Pretty passive with good hands most of session, I was perceived as pretty tight, and was getting respect for my hands, no one really tried to make a move on me at this table up until this...there was an issue with Lego Poker and it wasn't copying the hands for me, I put in the suits myself with abbreviations.

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $49
BB: $20.93
Hero (UTG): $50.14
MP: $49.67
CO: $72.37
BTN: $50.41

Pre-Flop: As Ah dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) Jd 3h 4d (2 Players)
Hero bets $3.50, BTN raises to $7, Hero raises to $19.25, BTN calls $12.25

Turn: ($42.25) 6d (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $29.66 and is All-In, Hero folds

Results: $42.25 Pot
BTN mucked and WON $69.30 (+$48.55 NET)

On the flop, with his aggression and the way he was playing, I was pretty sure he had a set or a flush draw...or something like TP with flush draw like AJ or KJ suited, since he just called the flop. His min raise is indicative of a set as well but he seems like one of the players who would wait for the turn for that. When I reraised him on the flop, and he just called, it seems he had the flush draw...possibly a straight draw too, but, if it was just a clean straight draw without a flush draw as well I don't think he'd play it like that. He would've pushed the set I'm pretty sure.

The turn, I know I shouldn't really fold a hand after I cross the Pot Commitment Threshold, but I don't think I had a 33% chance to win this...if you think it's better to call the flop, what would I do if a scare card comes, what about a blank?

I figure if I had called the flop, and the flush fell then I guess I could just toss it if I check and he bets...if a blank fell, I'm faced with a pretty tough decision, I would be check calling a big bet on the turn...I actually have quite a bit of trouble in these situations, and have tried implementing the pot threshold aspect from PNL, but I'm obviously not doing it very well. Thanks.

absoludicrous
10-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Looks fine. I probably make it $25-$28 on the flop though.

Riverflow
10-15-2007, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if he pushes that?

absoludicrous
10-15-2007, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if he pushes that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I call.