PDA

View Full Version : nl10 - Top 2 on soggy board...

1tripz1
10-15-2007, 01:36 PM
This board is as wet as it gets (hence calling it soggy) so just wondering what people think? I shut down if a scare card comes usually. Also note i couldnt be bothered to raise him all in, just to 5 as id expect him to put that bit in lol.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($5.75)
SB ($27.75)
Hero ($10)
UTG ($14.65)
MP ($15.15)
CO ($2.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, CO folds, Button calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.60) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2.8</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, Button calls $2.20.

River: ($11.60) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, Button calls $0.25 (All-In).

Final Pot: $12.10

Milky
10-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Pot the turn, and make a real raise when you're minraised. $5 isn't going to shut out any draws. Just push here.

marimba man
10-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Tricky spot. I want to say c/c the turn but that is so weak... Meh, maybe bet/ push to shorty bet and fold to SB bet is OK.

I don't know though, interested what others say.

marimba man
10-15-2007, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pot the turn, and make a real raise when you're minraised. $5 isn't going to shut out any draws. Just push here.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP basically shoved sine villain is so short....

Milky
10-15-2007, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tricky spot. I want to say c/c the turn but that is so weak... Meh, maybe bet/ push to shorty bet and fold to SB bet is OK.

I don't know though, interested what others say.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't c/c the turn since the board is so drawy. Most draws will just check behind for the free card. Definitely need to keep the pressure on as the turn was a good card for you.

marimba man
10-15-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm not happy felting 2 pair on that board 4way is what I'm saying. I admit c/c turn is weak, but b/f seems weak also and b/c seems spewy against the big stack.

I think bet/push to shorty, fold to SB is probs best line here.

Milky
10-15-2007, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not happy felting 2 pair on that board 4way is what I'm saying. I admit c/c turn is weak, but b/f seems weak also and b/c seems spewy against the big stack.

I think bet/push to shorty, fold to SB is probs best line here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be, but it's pretty read dependant. I'd have a hard time folding here unless SB was fairly passive.

Perk76
10-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Meh,

I kinda think this hand can go either way. It would take a strong read that SB is super passive for me to fold. Multiway with players in the hand, I think someone with a set or straight will raise the flop due to the drawy nature of this hand.

With that said, I think you are gonna be up against a flush draw that hit top pair with the queen alot in this situation. Maybe a set if the villan wanted to reduce a flush draw odds by taking a card off on the turn.

Its just over 1/2 buyin, I think you will win this a decent percentage of the time since your raising essentially puts SB in.

If SB had KQ, he runs goot.

1tripz1
10-15-2007, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the stacks, thats all he had left!

When he minraises the Q i felt that he just AQ/KQ kind of hand maybe of diamonds but maybe on there own. I didnt think i could lay this down without another scare card coming.

Money if you can put him on a hand...

CarmeloAnthony
10-15-2007, 07:50 PM
looks fine