PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: Flopped set on a drawy board

Junesong
10-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Played less than 15 hands with villian, so I'm assuming unknown here. I hate these spots because I tend to just fear the worst, that I'm being trapped, and forgo a river bet. I figured the opponent was on one (or both) of the draws, and when one of them came in...

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $39.80
Hero (BB): $25.15
UTG: $9.95
BTN: $19.65

Pre-Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1</font>, SB calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($3) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $2

Turn: ($9) T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB calls $6.25

River: ($25) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Ranma4703
10-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Flop gets raised to 4, turn gets raised to 10-11ish, I'm fine with the river check behind, but I think there is plenty of value in a 10$ bet.

Milky
10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Your raises need to be bigger. Also, I think there's some merit for a 3bet pf, since he could be on a steal and you have a good hand. Also, it probably folds out SB so there's some dead money to be had.

I would have raised to $4 on flop and made another pot sized raise on turn. I think a river check is okay since the board is pretty scary.

buttonpusher
10-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Make those raises a bit bigger next time. I do value bet that river sometimes, but it depends on my opponents most of the time, so i think the river check is fine.

marimba man
10-15-2007, 02:48 PM
I def. 3bet this pre.

As played as everyone else has said, raise more...

Berky
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
This is how I play it:
3 Bet pre. Lead flop and shove turn (stacks willing).

YanP
10-15-2007, 02:51 PM
you're raises have to be bigger, you have such a strong hand, but on a v.drawy board.
once you've bet there's 7 in the pot, he's getting 3.5-1 on his money, you want to price out his draws, i'd like to see the bet to at least 4 (2.67-1) or even 5 (2.25-1) or more (worse odds for him to draw)
same applies on the turn, when you're making these reraises you've got to think about the odds your giving him, particularily on drawy boards
river check ain't awful

rwejr
10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
I think just calling is fine pre oop with a weak pp. the sb's bets look like blocker bets possibly with 7x. definately check behind river as the straight completes, the only thing i see you beating are weaker pairs, op, or a busted fd.

You're No Daisy
10-15-2007, 03:05 PM
First of all...stop thinking so negative. If you think the suckout is going to happen all the time, it will happen all the time. Funny how that works isn't it. Instead, say to yourself, "Money come easily and frequently."

You played the hand well. Raise a little bit more on the flop...maybe even over bet it by $1.00. I like the raise on the turn because villain's bet screams of weakness! However, you should have potted the turn. If villain was on a flush draw, he obviously missed. If he hit his draw on the river, he would most likely bet. But I think the safe play here (without reads) is to check behind on the river because you're only getting called by something that most likely beats you.

AC