PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - TP3K on suited flop facing raise

ev_slave
10-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Read: Villain (SB) is sLA with 40.19/6.54/3.2 with flop aggro of 7 (107 hands). I recall his fold to c-bet as 50+ although I can't find the exact number in PT right now.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.55
CO: $3.85
Hero: $9.85
SB: $17.90
BB: $10.50

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, SB calls, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.6, 3 players)
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $2.5</font>, CO folds, Hero ???

He's very aggressive and takes down a lot of pots on the flop. His line here could be raise to see if I really have the spades or not, and if I give further action be done with the hand. Then again he could have a spade or two and be counting on his image to get him paid?

Play back or live to fight another day with a less marginal holding? What are your thoughts when you get in a situation like this?

Milky
10-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Interesting spot. I'd probably just call here and bet any non-spade turn. Any 3bet is going to put you all in practically, and I'm not sure your hand is strong enough.

However, with this guy being so aggressive it may not be such a bad move, sinc I can see him doing this with a high /images/graemlins/spade.gif in his hand.

ev_slave
10-15-2007, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting spot. I'd probably just call here and bet any non-spade turn. Any 3bet is going to put you all in practically, and I'm not sure your hand is strong enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't calling commit me? I've got $8.25 left in my stack, and calling leaves me with $6.85. Pot will be ~$6.5, so the only reasonable bet of a non-spade is AI. Due to this, is the flop not a jam or fold situation?

Milky
10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't calling commit me? I've got $8.25 left in my stack, and calling leaves me with $6.85. Pot will be ~$6.5, so the only reasonable bet of a non-spade is AI. Due to this, is the flop not a jam or fold situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right... against this villain I think pushing flop is probably the right move. Also, I probably would have bet closer to pot on the flop as there are a lot of scary turn cards out there.

marimba man
10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Another good thing about shoving is that we will frequently be called when we're ahead.