PDA

View Full Version : NL2 - A8s in SB. Call, raise, or fold?

You're No Daisy
10-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($2.02)
Button ($2.61)
Hero ($1.51)
BB ($1)
UTG ($1.79)
MP ($1.05)

Table has been really passive preflop and a bit more aggro post flop.
MP is 55/0/2 and will limp/call raises all day.
CO is 48/17/0.6 is very transparent and minraises his small PPs.

I have really been tightening up my play over the last few weeks. One of the things I have seen in my PT stats is that I'm bleeding money out of the small blind...I used to call raises with any connecting cards and any suited Ace. That being said, now I'm folding 80% of my suited aces in the small blind. This hand was a bit different because I had seen the CO min raise preflop with small PPs and take them to the river unimproved calling all sorts of bets...even when it looked like to me he was beat. That made me feel like if I had a made hand he'd call me all the way down.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.04</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.03, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.14) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.14</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.42) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.15</font>, CO calls $0.15.

Should I have bet more here like $.20-.25? The reason I didn't want to be more than half the pot was to keep villain in the hand just in case he had a small PP. I purposefully wanted to look a little weak, especially after potting the flop because I thought this guy would call.

River: ($0.72) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.40</font>, CO calls $0.40.

Should I have shoved or is $0.40 pretty standard here?

Please comment on all streets. As always, I am grateful for all your comments and criticism

AC

Waingro
10-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Pf. If CO made a real raise this would be an easy fold, unless you have a serious history with villain. Here it is ok.
Flop. You shove if anyone raises right?
Turn. Bet more.
River. I like half pot. Not many hands can pay you off here.

Edit: the fact that you donīt have a full stack seriously detracts the value from stuff like suited aces.

whyherro
10-14-2007, 04:22 PM
wow please work on your betsizing, this is 2NL, I have never played this, but I can imagine people love to call at this limit, so please bet more or turn + river

You're No Daisy
10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pf. If CO made a real raise this would be an easy fold, unless you have a serious history with villain. Here it is ok.
Flop. You shove if anyone raises right? <font color="red">Once I saw this flop, I made the decision that I was going to felt this combo draw.</font>
Turn. Bet more.
River. I like half pot. Not many hands can pay you off here.

Edit: the fact that you donīt have a full stack seriously detracts the value from stuff like suited aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

TTStrangler
10-14-2007, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had seen the CO min raise preflop with small PPs and take them to the river unimproved calling all sorts of bets

[/ QUOTE ]

As already stated, you lost a ton of value on the turn with that bet, especially with your read. Either way should have been close to pot, CO is a CS, take him to value town.

But wait, you don't even have him covered! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif If you are at this limit to build a bankroll your doing yourself a huge disservice by playing against the bad players there with a shortstack, please make sure you at least have the table covered next time...

You're No Daisy
10-15-2007, 10:04 AM
The table max buy-in is $2.00. What am I supposed to do? I can't buy-in for $3.00 just so I have everyone covered. The reason I was down to $1.51 is because another station at the table rivered a bd-flush on me, cracking my QQ. I should have known b/c the action went, check/call my pot-sized bet, check call my 3/4 pot-sized bet, and on the river he donk bet $0.04 into a $0.50 pot and of course I call knowing I'm probably beat! He flipped up 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif catching bottom pair on the flop and back-dooring a flush on the river...LOL.

AC