PDA

View Full Version : [NL200] Shot... Admit a lil high, but level-thinking inappropriate

Jever
10-13-2007, 08:11 PM
So, villain is 35/12/1, WtSD 27, 70 hands.
Quiz: What do villain has on turn? What makes sense?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($514.33)
SB ($163.99)
BB ($377.38)
Hero ($244.65)
MP ($204.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $6, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $23</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $17.

Flop: ($55) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, SB calls $40.

Turn: ($135) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets $162.99 (All-In)

absoludicrous
10-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Maybe A7s, AQ, AK, AA, a really great draw, who knows. lol, just fold.

The 13th 4postle
10-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Drawing to the flush with Ace high of clubs also with K or Q of clubs. AA seems unlikely, so does pocket fives. He would want to slowplay with 55s and bet high with AA. Any seven is highly questionable since he called such a high raise.

The check on the flop would suggest he was drawing so im going with Ace high flush.

nazahl
10-13-2007, 08:22 PM
nothing that makes any sense. he's probably got clubs or a pp (88-TT), only hand u really dont wanna see is A /images/graemlins/club.gifx /images/graemlins/club.gif but I think that's pretty unlikely. I'd call b/c it just doesnt make sense.

Jever
10-13-2007, 08:23 PM
I am awaiting the ajmargarine-line... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Spurious
10-13-2007, 08:23 PM
fold here, no hand you beat does that

kaz2107
10-13-2007, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold here, no hand you beat does that

[/ QUOTE ]thats wrong. but if u ment we r pretty far behind villians range here then u r right. Axcc is the most likely hand imo. but his range can b extremely wide imo

absoludicrous
10-13-2007, 08:32 PM
You call because you want to pick off a bluff and make a ton of money? Stupid, WAY better spots we can get our money in her. If he has a naked ace, you're [censored]. You can't rule out AJs+.

Fold.

Jever
10-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Dont be afraid of the pot/bet sizes, guys!

Does A7 really play like this? AK, AQ? 55?
What line is consistent?
AK/AQ calling 2/3 psb on the flop, then going all-in on the turn when ace hits?
55 - yes, maybe
A7 - yes, maybe

But what do you guys think the chances are that this guy is bluffing/semibluffing?

kaz2107
10-13-2007, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What line is consistent?
55 - yes, maybe
A7 - yes, maybe

But what do you guys think the chances are that this guy is bluffing/semibluffing?

[/ QUOTE ]sweet so lets bluff catch on the turn when even if he is bluff he almost for sure has decent equity against our hand n e wayz. this is a terrible idea

traxamillion
10-13-2007, 08:39 PM
trips/set is not in his range but a clubdraw with an ace makes up a huge percent and I could see him playing it this way precisely because he may expect you to shut down on that ace and his line makes no sense so u may look him up light. His af is also pretty low.

kaz2107
10-13-2007, 08:44 PM
tbh i think i call with AJ and better and fold worse

absoludicrous
10-13-2007, 08:44 PM
OP, post results already. I'm guessing you called trying to pick him off and he showed you A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif, so, amirite or amirite?

Jever
10-13-2007, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What line is consistent?
55 - yes, maybe
A7 - yes, maybe

[/ QUOTE ]sweet so lets bluff catch on the turn when even if he is bluff he almost for sure has decent equity against our hand n e wayz. this is a terrible idea

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I dont get it.
His line makes no sense at all IMHO.
You see where Im getting at. Thats nice.
But really: What are YOU putting him on?

Btw: Having read AJmargarines post this is standard 2+2 play from villain, no?

traz
10-13-2007, 08:58 PM
His range is almost exclusively hands that beat you imo. Axc/55/67/78.

kaz2107
10-13-2007, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What line is consistent?
55 - yes, maybe
A7 - yes, maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I dont get it.
His line makes no sense at all IMHO.
You see where Im getting at. Thats nice.
But really: What are YOU putting him on?

Btw: Having read AJmargarines post this is standard 2+2 play from villain, no?

[/ QUOTE ]im gettin at the point that no logical range u can put villian on here at the turn makes this a profitable fold given ur read and the board texture. that is all. i already told u my range. Axcc prolly a few lone Ax hands a few hands with 7s in them, a few draws still have ok equity against ur hand, and then a rare bluff with air.

willyc
10-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Seriously if he's bluffing here it means he's way better than you anyway. I fold and move back down to 50NL fast.

Jever
10-13-2007, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously if he's bluffing here it means he's way better than you anyway. I fold and move back down to 50NL fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting... how do you get to such a harsh conclusion?
Is it variance?

Anyways, the better guys of you saw the obvious brag behind my post. The worse ones will always be BBV-high-frequency-posters.

takingcontrol
10-13-2007, 10:22 PM
confusing or what?
for a start your sample size sucks so we can't draw any conclusions from it really. if he has any type of made hand whatsoever on this board we're beat bar 88 through TT. his line looks to me like either Axcc, a seven/boat looking for confusion calls from AK or of course air. the more i think about this the more credit I give to his line and find a fold here.

Jever
10-13-2007, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the more i think about this the more credit I give to his line and find a fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Believe me or not. I thought about this hand quite a while. (Dont wanna be the moran from [censored] foring country.)

Anyways. What hand does play this way?

fxwz
10-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I dont get it, why are you posting BB UTG? And if you are; why does it not say that you are checking, considering you are first to act?

absoludicrous
10-13-2007, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it variance?

Anyways, the better guys of you saw the obvious brag behind my post. The worse ones will always be BBV-high-frequency-posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you called and picked off a bluff? GG! Back to BBV I go. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

willyc
10-13-2007, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as harsh. I was just trying to give a humorous description of how scared I feel when I play above my normal level. I was imagining myself in your spot trying to figure out what the crap is going on on the turn. You have to admit this is an extremely tough spot that you don't see much at lower stakes and you don't know if villain is making a crazy read + crazy bluff or what.

kaz2107
10-14-2007, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you called and picked off a bluff? GG! Back to BBV I go. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif sigh i guess i suck /images/graemlins/frown.gif guess i should move down to .50nl cuz im no good

[/ QUOTE ]edit... im think imma play like a 1k sesh and just call EVERY rediculous bet that n e villian makes so i can pick off 1 just 1 bluff and post it here and attempt to make a brag about it and then ridicule n e poster who makes logical posts about wut i did wrong and laugh at them for being morons

orange
10-14-2007, 03:11 AM
I call. I guess Ax/images/graemlins/club.gif beats us but meh. Weird [censored] action.

RoyalFarmer
10-14-2007, 06:00 AM
I think it's a brilliant move by villain. There aren't many hands that can call him there, actually no hand without an ace. Since you limp/raised he can eliminate hands like AJ and weaker from your range, even AQ is unlikely.
So he thinks you either got AA, AK, or you fold (as long as he believes that your a good player who won't make a crying call with Kings).
There are a lot of hands he can make this play with and i really like his move.

Sometimes he has you beat, sometimes he's pushing you around. Don't know what's more likely.

Still fold this I think and wait for a better spot.

choccypie
10-14-2007, 06:35 AM
I don't get why you posted a blind out of position preflop?

Anyway, villian is likely to have you beat, or maybe he figures that you don't have an ace and is trying to float? I'm not sure, it's weird. I think I would fold this...

pdoran10
10-14-2007, 06:54 AM
i really don't mind folding this against this villain to be honest.

yegon
10-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Looks like a multistreet bluff with total air to me, but his numbers do not look like he is capable of it - it's a small sample though.

The other possibility is that it's just a terrible player with AQ, AK getting all excited he hit his A on the turn.

I'd fold.