PDA

View Full Version : QQ 3bet pot. What to do when an A hits on turn.

castigar
10-13-2007, 07:17 PM
I only have 20 or so hands on vilain but he has raised from UTG 3-4x in a row. How do you play turn/river? On flop, he waited for a nice 10 secs before his call so I wouldn't be surprised if he had a FD or Ax.... What do you guys think?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

CO ($48.50)
Hero ($50)
SB ($49.50)
BB ($51.80)
UTG ($74.70)
MP ($59.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $4.25.

Flop: ($12.75) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, UTG calls $9.

Turn: ($30.75) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($30.75) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $21</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $51.75

ajmargarine
10-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Postflop bet sizes is just a tad off. If you go $6.50 preflop, and then a bit more on the flop relative to that new pot size you can push turn, which should be your goal imo when you have 100bb's and 3b pf.

Jever
10-13-2007, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Postflop bet sizes is just a tad off. If you go $6.50 preflop, and then a bit more on the flop relative to that new pot size you can push turn, which should be your goal imo when you have 100bb's and 3b pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I dont get it.
Why would you do that?

members_only
10-13-2007, 07:33 PM
It's hard to imagine that the ace paired him, as he'd have had to float oop with AK/AQ

But at the same time betting the turn is unlikely to get value from worse hands or fold out better

The river is a tough spot. But I doubt he's turning JJ or whatever into a bluff here so I would reluctantly fold

castigar
10-13-2007, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As played, would you fold river?

bsball8806
10-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I think this is standard. IMO I think he was trying to go for a value c/r on the turn with his flush/set, and the river is a value bet. nh

ajmargarine
10-13-2007, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nope. I don't think he has an ace. I think you're good often enough to call.

But then again, I would have had a PSB left on the turn and would maybe probably possibly pushed turn myself.

ajmargarine
10-13-2007, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I dont get it.
Why would you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because when you are 3betting you've got a good hand and you want to get all-in when you have a good hand and that's the most efficient way to do it.

castigar
10-13-2007, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then again, I would have had a PSB left on the turn and would maybe probably possibly pushed turn myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to work on my pushing skills...I rarely push. Would you know of some articles or books that discuss when to push and good pushing opportunities?

castigar
10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What range do you give him? To me, it seems that the only hands that call a push on turn are the hands that beat me...or TT/JJ

Jever
10-13-2007, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I dont get it.
Why would you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because when you are 3betting you've got a good hand and you want to get all-in when you have a good hand and that's the most efficient way to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe. This inspires me to a post on my own.

hallo!
10-13-2007, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to work on my pushing skills...I rarely push. Would you know of some articles or books that discuss when to push and good pushing opportunities?

[/ QUOTE ]

this interestes me too

anyone?

bozzer
10-16-2007, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this interestes me too

anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Proffessional No limit hold em talks a lot about when to 'commit', ie when to decide to get ai. if you start doing that you'll start shoving more.