PDA

View Full Version : 10NL donk bet river = fold?

winzton
10-13-2007, 04:28 PM
What is my play at the river? The donk bet looks highly suspicious of either two pair or slow played set. No reads on villian.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Full Tilt (http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-FullTilt.php#converter) Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($13.55)
UTG ($4.60)
MP ($5.50)
Button ($2.90)
SB ($16.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.10, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.8</font>, SB calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.60) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, SB calls $2.

River: ($6.60) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, Hero ?

CruS
10-13-2007, 04:34 PM
You get good odds to call but I don't think he is bluffing here, unless he called w/ a hand like 98dd on the flop.
I think you are beat enough to fold here.
Any read would obv help here.

BrunoThePug
10-13-2007, 04:35 PM
I run into this a lot and I'm also not quite sure what to do.

1. Do we check behind on the turn, or bet less?
2. Is villains line c/c/c/donk always a big hand?

I usually check behind on the turn and check/call or check/fold the river depending on the villain, but that may be a bad line. It does seem like villain has been ignoring your aggression the entire time and doesn't care what you've got on the river. To compound that, you've got TPokayK so it's not like you've got a huge hand (which is why I probably check the turn to keep the pot small).

SunyD
10-13-2007, 04:43 PM
I actually like betting the turn here, since we have also picked up the NFD. I think you played it fine, and you should call the river. You are getting good odds, and any information you have regarding what kind of hands SB has shown down should also help. Your either good, or beat by A2 or K9.

vixticator
10-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Bet every street if checked to... call river but close-ish. I check behind flop sometimes

winzton
10-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I would always bet this turn, I have top pair and the nut flush draw. Villain c/c/c/donk isn't always a big hand, it really depends on situation and player.

winzton
10-13-2007, 04:46 PM
If villian, bets pot instead of half of pot, do we fold?

SunyD
10-13-2007, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If villian, bets pot instead of half of pot, do we fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

That will come down to any reads. If villain has been showing down junk, call. If villain bets pot.. I'd find a fold most of the time.

winzton
10-13-2007, 05:21 PM
villain showed Ac2c and takes the pot down with two pair ): and i called.

kroeliewoelie
10-13-2007, 05:25 PM
This is definitely a fold. Your villain is unknown and my assumption is that unknowns don't play A3/A4/A6/A7/A8 this way. That's all you beat, so you I think you should fold.

Jever
10-13-2007, 05:41 PM
I think you played it fine. I would also call that river donk.
If it was psb I would definitely fold to unknown.

[ QUOTE ]
Bet every street if checked to... call river but close-ish. I check behind flop sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you check behind flop?

members_only
10-13-2007, 07:19 PM
What does betting the turn achieve?

ajmargarine
10-13-2007, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does betting the turn achieve?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gets value from hands like.....A2!! Sets up a bigger river bet the times the flush hits.

OP: nh up to river. I saw the results so I'll skip the call/fold river decision. If he potted it, I would def fold on the river. You are playing the hand face up as a big ace, maybe AK, so if he pots, he's almost always better than AT.

members_only
10-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Yea but how many hands like A2 are there out there? We have the only draw going as well.

I don't really understand the 'bet to build the pot for when the flush hits' argument.

Perhaps AQ/AJ will fold?

vixticator
10-13-2007, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you check behind flop?

[/ QUOTE ]I usually don't. Against certain players I check behind flop, but usually with a worse kicker--like A5. It accomplishes same thing as checking turn (pot control) but no one puts you on an Ace I do it to get them to bet turn/river or catch up and call down middle pair. I also don't c-bet in some spots so this balances it out for me.

bozzer
10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea but how many hands like A2 are there out there? We have the only draw going as well.

I don't really understand the 'bet to build the pot for when the flush hits' argument.

Perhaps AQ/AJ will fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

growth of pot is geometric.so if you invest in building a big pot you often stand to win back more than your investment when you make your hand and villain pays off.

ShipitFMA
10-14-2007, 12:06 AM
I fold the river, this is never worse than 2pr, one of the primary reasons i bet the turn is so i can check behind on the river

Kelley22
10-14-2007, 12:54 AM
I would have checked turn for pot control and then reevaluate on the river. As played fold