PDA

View Full Version : [NL50] Villian has ~ a pot left after reraise

Ranma4703
10-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Effective stacks are 32$. Tight multitabler raises to 2$ UTG+1, button calls, I reraise to 8$ from the sb with QQ, UTG+1 folds, btn calls. There is 17$ in the pot, button has 25$ remaining. My note on him says "pot size bet lead draws, then check turn."
Flop comes out:
9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
What do I do out of position here?

A similar hand:
Effective stacks are 39.75$
Villian is loose, bad, and I have seen him stack off with a tp of A3o in a raised pot, by being the one betting it hard. He also makes PSB bluffs vs weakness on the river.
He raises to 3$, folds around to me in the sb, and I pop it up to 12$ with KK, because I know he's calling with any hand he raises with. The flop comes out:
A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
What do I do?

vixticator
10-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Something is missing. That being what you have.

Ranma4703
10-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Jesus, I'm sorry. QQ first hand, KK second hand

greggg230
10-13-2007, 04:26 PM
First hand is either a check/call or check/fold, depending on reads. If the villain is likely to bet whenever checked to in this situation, I'm calling a push all day, especially given how he played pre-flop - he was just calling raises, so he might have a hand like a small pocket pair or suited connectors. If the villain is a tighty, then folding to the push is correct. If he checks behind, I'm betting the turn.

In the second, if he's likely to bluff the flop, I'd check/call a push.

The common thread between these is that there is little value in betting out, since it's going to fold out only hands you have beat (non-A hands, namely), so it's best to give the opportunity to bluff to opponents who would do that with a large range of hands.