PDA

View Full Version : 10NL QQ - Am I donkey for checking instead of c-betting here?

Stark
10-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Only 20 hands at table so no reads

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed)

Hero ($8.90)
BB ($5.55)
UTG ($6.40)
MP ($20.55)
Button ($5.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.2</font>, BB calls $1.10, MP folds.

Flop: ($2.80) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, Hero??

As played do you have to fold to this weak bet?

Ender Wiggin
10-13-2007, 02:19 PM
meh.............

Ender Wiggin
10-13-2007, 02:23 PM
to be honest I think bet/fold, c/c and c/f are all viable options here. it's a spot that makes me want to kill teh pokers though.

Stark
10-13-2007, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
meh.............

[/ QUOTE ]

I take that as check/fold + scream obscenity is fine

AusDerBunker
10-13-2007, 03:22 PM
that is the value line .. you check call a lot, since a bet folds out everything but aces.

some like it and some don't ... ip i like and oop i dont

vixticator
10-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Fine. Somewhat standard to me. Call his bet. See what happens on the turn.

Ender Wiggin
10-13-2007, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call his bet. See what happens on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or does villains fire again like 100% of the time when we take this line?

vixticator
10-13-2007, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call his bet. See what happens on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or does villains fire again like 100% of the time when we take this line?

[/ QUOTE ]I am expecting him to bet close to that. It's more about the size of his bet. The smaller he goes the more sure we can be sure Queens are good. But, don't raise. Just keep c/c'ing.

kroeliewoelie
10-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I prefer b/f here. I hate c/c here. A lot of morons will minbet the turn and shove either the turn or the river in which case it tends to get quite expensive to find out whether they are bluffing.

SunyD
10-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Most of the time, this is an easy bet/fold or even a check/fold (depending on the bet size). Considering this guy is betting $0.50 in a pot of $2.80, I call and check the turn.. and evaluate.

yegon
10-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Much better to call down if in position. Many villains get more aggressive when they see you check/call once or twice as opposed to seeing you call in position.

Most of the time though if they are not braindead and you just call 2 ridiculously small bets they will fire a pot sized bet on the river which I do not think you can call.

Folding is about as good as calling here IMO.

Jever
10-13-2007, 06:39 PM
You have to bet this flop.
How do you want to get called by weak aces when you have AJ-AK?

yegon
10-13-2007, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we have to consider this at this level, nobody pays attention to what you are doing at 10NL.

In a standard raised pot against an opponent with a full stack this would be an autocbet. But this situation is specific - this is a 3bet pot and villain is short. Cbetting for 2$ when his most likely holding is Ax is questionable - I think I could go both ways probably based on his fold to flop bet percantage or other reads.

willyc
10-13-2007, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer b/f here. I hate c/c here. A lot of morons will minbet the turn and shove either the turn or the river in which case it tends to get quite expensive to find out whether they are bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. At these stakes this small bet is almost always ace rag. Either make a good sized c-bet at this flop to see if he has an ace (which I think is better than checking) or c/f. Don't call him down and reward him for calling your 3-bet with ace rag. Get off the hand and punish him next time in a similar situation when you are holding AK/AQ/AJ.

Edit: I didn't see this post when I was replying:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes you should definitely bet the flop otherwise you are making it very easy for him to play ace rag. Again you want to punish him for calling 3-bets with ace-rag, not reward him. Put him in situations where he doesn't know where he stands and where he has terrible reverse implied odds. Checking the flop lets him call with ace rag because he knows it's going to be cheap to see whether he's good or not based on whether you bet an ace high flop or not.