PDA

View Full Version : Question about another player's set on a flushed board

iheartponeez
10-13-2007, 02:33 AM
So I've been doing this a bit, finding hands on the board and wondering what the various branches of decisions that could spring from them are and wanting to know how to think it out. Here's one I just read:

[ QUOTE ]
I can finally play at party again so I wanted to check it out. With such a drawy board I should've raised the flop more (2.20ish) but somehow my math blew. As played, should I bet the turn, that is, any way neither of the villains doesn't have the straight/flush? Bet or hope to fill up? Without the SB in the hand I could just bet 5 and call a push but we have 150bb's which complicates matters. No reads on villains, new to the table.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed)

SB ($17.16)
BB ($9.70)
UTG ($9.90)
Hero ($15.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, SB calls $0.45, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.60) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.3</font>, UTG calls $0.30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.8</font>, SB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50.

Turn: ($7) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

So I think the proper line here is bet it out, but I'm not sure now. So here's my question:

If you bet the turn, and get called, do you call a river bet? Do you check behind if it's checked to you?

What about you bet the turn and get raised. Do you call the raise (assuming PSR)? Then do you call bets on the river or check behind?

My line I think I'd take on this hand is: Bet turn, if called: Call river bets, check behind. If raised: I guess shove with these stacks, but if we were deeper I think I call, and fold if I don't hit a house.

Does this seem reasonable, or am I misplaying?

iheartponeez
10-13-2007, 02:51 AM
I'm now changing my answer to: Check behind, hope to hit a boat, check/call river if you don't. Because trying to c/r a just-made flush on this level is super-common (everyone likes to pretend they didn't just hit it) and if you DO hit a boat, almost nobody can let go. You're probably guaranteed at least ONE stack.

toddxlogan
10-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Bet 2/3-3/4 pot on turn.

Depending on villains stats, call or don't call a cr.

If called, valuebet river. Probably don't call a crai unless you boat.