PDA

View Full Version : NL50: TP2K fights a minraise OOP

Maunzekater
10-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

UTG: $30.60
BTN: $59.70
SB: $48.80
Hero (BB): $73.75

Pre-Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, UTG calls $1.75

Flop: ($4.75) J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.25</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $8</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $54</font>

Villain is unknown, he sat down 2 or 3 orbits ago. So i don't know exactly what hands he would limp UTG, but in 90% this should be a small to medium PP, SCs.
By the way, he bought in as a midstack.

Reasons for my play:

#1 why would he raise that small on a very drawy board, if
he has a set?

#2 I really hate being minraised OOP and i don't want him to
do that again without a very good hand.

Am i spewy here?

Jailblazers
10-12-2007, 10:39 PM
He would raise with a set because most people at these limits do not care about the board but just recognize that they have a set, they want people to call. I would say he is holding something better than your hand here most of the time.

traxamillion
10-12-2007, 11:23 PM
This is very spewy vs an unknown. At least call and c/r ai on a safe turn if you plan to felt this you let to many hands get away with that flop 3push.

-ehh he bought in halfstacked might want to felt if i have any indication he can play draws fast.

MaltbyStu
10-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't like any of this. At best this is a complete PF for me.

His raise could have been slightly more on the flop but it's not terrible. If he thought you were drawing he's giving you 3/1 so calling would be wrong.

I don't know what to make of your 3-bet but absent any reads I'm folding here.

Shattered
10-13-2007, 12:34 AM
1. You've never been minraised on a JT9 board by a set of 9s before? Near minraises with sets is totally standard from many unknowns, regardless of board texture.
2. That's no reason to give him a stack if he does have a really good hand. This play would be a bit more reasonable if he had been minraising you a lot, but it would still be really iffy.

You fold out all worse hands and get called by all better ones. You maybe fold out AJ. You're not only turning your hand into a bluff, you're putting yourself into a position to lose the most and win the least. This is the definition of spew.