PDA

View Full Version : [NL50] Monster draw hits, fold this river?

Ranma4703
10-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Villian is a multitabler, haven't seen anything crazy from him yet, but I only have been at the table for 4-5 hands
Effective stacks 47$
I raise to 2$ in the c/o with 7c5c (varying my play, I don't always do this)
btn folds, villian calls in sb
Flop comes out:
9c 6c 3d
giving me a double gutter + fd
Villian donks pot into me for 4.50$, I call, because if I raise to 12$, he calls, and the turn blanks I'm in a tough spot.
Turn is the Kc
he checks, I bet 7$ (a little more then 1/2 pot.. I figure he has 2 pair, a set, or was being overly aggressive with a fd and is now slowplaying). He calls. River is the Kh, and he bets around 1/2 pot, 13.75$.
My thoughts on his range: Probably not two pair, because two pair doesn't value bet this river after being counter fitted. I think he either has a high flush, or a set, hoping that I would call with my trips. He could also have been bluffing the flop, caught the king on the turn, and now be value betting his trips. I was pretty lost when he bet here, and I ran out of time while thinking.

ryang
10-12-2007, 09:40 PM
tl;dr converter plz

Ranma4703
10-13-2007, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr converter plz

[/ QUOTE ]
No converter for this site

Khaos4k
10-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Typing in :spade: will give you the icon. It will be much easier to read if you format it like the converter yourself.

WHITEBOYAEHS
10-13-2007, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Typing in /images/graemlins/spade.gif will give you the icon. It will be much easier to read if you format it like the converter yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt look like it....looks like /images/graemlins/spade.gif to me from your post lolz

and about this hand...its a 1/2 pot bet so u have to call...no value in raising and u have a flush so i dont like folding... could be ak or kq

WHITEBOYAEHS
10-13-2007, 01:35 PM
wow...how come it did the spade for me but didnt for u when u typed it in khaos?

iheartponeez
10-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Is this a situation where you just shove on the flop? Or do you reraise and pray for a raise or fold but no call?

Ranma4703
10-13-2007, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a situation where you just shove on the flop? Or do you reraise and pray for a raise or fold but no call?

[/ QUOTE ]
A shove is like 45$ into a 8 dollar pot... I hate shove here, but I'm open for arguments for a shove. I'd go back and edit my post so that it looks pretty, but I can't edit it anymore for some reason.

Khaos4k
10-13-2007, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow...how come it did the spade for me but didnt for u when u typed it in khaos?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just above the posting box is an option for "using UBBCode". I changed it to disabled. Good for explaining how to do coded things to people.

iheartponeez
10-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Well I know shoving is overbetting bigtime, but I thought the idea was that from the flop we're 60% to win, but if we see a blank turn, now we're 30, so we want to get all in while we're ahead rather than have to make a rough decision on the turn. I don't know though, my thinking could be way off.

Maybe we reraise and if we get called, hope to check the turn or, worst case, call a reasonable turn bet?