PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: AQo - 2 pair on flush board

magog
10-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BTN: $61.75
SB: $50.35
BB: $21.10
UTG: $90.50
Hero (MP): $69.65
CO: $10.80

Pre-Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($8) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.50</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $7.50, BB folds

Turn: ($23.50) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $40.85 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $25.85

Villian was 24 / 7 / 2.3 over 41 hands.

I'm not used to deepish stacks (I'm a SnG player) so I don't know if I played this really badly. Should I have checked behind on the turn to control the pot size? Should I have bet less on the flop?

thanks (and sorry if this is a really basic hand - this was my first cash session)

BevillTheDevil
10-12-2007, 03:41 PM
id raise more on the flop. Probably bet a little more on the turn not that big of a deal tho. And call villians push. C/r here is kinda scary but you only gota be good here like ~30% of the time which against his range you should be.

magog
10-12-2007, 04:01 PM
thanks - makes sense (and makes the hand easier to play).

GSykes
10-12-2007, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
id raise more on the flop. Probably bet a little more on the turn not that big of a deal tho. And call villians push. C/r here is kinda scary but you only gota be good here like ~30% of the time which against his range you should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I Just did the math wrong but I think we have to be ahead here way more than 30% of the time.

And IMO this is an easy fold.

buttonpusher
10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
That Q is a bad card.
Whenever i have seen people make this minbet on the flop, they either have a monster or are drawing. The only draw he could have is a flush draw. I say he has either a set or the flush most of the time, and two pair the odd time.
I would fold.

magog
10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
buttonpusher - it was the BB who made the minbet on the flop - not the SB.

gsykes - we're getting 3:1 on the call aren't we? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

buttonpusher
10-12-2007, 04:34 PM
ah [censored], missed that.
I'm still folding to his push, I cant see you being ahead too often.

Pokey
10-12-2007, 05:45 PM
The guy SMOOTH-CALLED a roughly pot-sized reraise on the flop with the original bettor still to act. That doesn't look like the play of a weak hand; it looks like the play of someone hoping to sucker BB into calling behind. If he WANTS an overcall it's got to be with either a great draw (say, a nut flush draw) or with a great hand (say, a set). On the turn he check-raises all-in; this is NOT a weak hand. I'd say you're dead almost always, drawing to four outs. Villain's stats are not stupid -- they're passive preflop and aggressive postflop. He knows how to fold and he knows how to bet. Here, you've twice told him that you love your hand and he doesn't care. I'd fold.