PDA

View Full Version : NL50 AA

checktheriver
10-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Villain is 30/20/2.75 over ~100 hands. He hasn't been out of line so far.
I checked the turn for pot control, and to be able to get some value from his weaker overpairs on the river. This might be a mistake though.
I really don't see what he could be vbetting on the river besides 22/55/66. He didn't play very loose from the blinds so I didn't think a lone 5 was in his range. I'm not sure he would do this with a flush on this board. But on the other hands if he has 77-JJ, why would he turn his hand into a bluff here ? Given that the flush got there pretty much all of his range has showdown value right ?

Tell me what you think of my play.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BB: $56.25
UTG: $43.25
CO: $47.55
Hero (BTN): $49.75
SB: $143.80

Pre-Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, SB calls $4.50, BB folds

Turn: ($15) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($15) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $14</font>, Hero calls $14

AZplaya
10-12-2007, 02:49 PM
I would expect an overpair to block or c/call this river. I highly doubt your ahead here.

derosnec
10-12-2007, 02:54 PM
with an overpair on the flop, most people raise for protection. so, his hand is likely polarized between nothing (flush/straight draw or overcards) and a monster (on the flop that is).

but when you check the turn it's hard to know what he has. he could have KQ, he could have quads, he could have a flush, he could have QT, etc. All those hands bet the river. So, play with poker stove and see whether you should call or not.

kurto
10-12-2007, 03:03 PM
I like it. With his stats, he's loose enough and aggressive enough to try this with a variety of hands.

When you check the turn, he will bet a lot of hands either as an outright bluff or simply betting weak hands that he thinks he might be ahead of... like JJ.

I think check behind turn and call river a reasonable number of times against him seems about right.

NL Newbie
10-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Initial instinct: Fold.

After some thinking... Everything hit, wtf can he have we beat except pure bluff and what pure bluffs are around to do this?

Unless he has say 44/33 i dunno why he bets, he's essentially bluffing. But why bet so big? 14&gt;15 is like a "dont call me" or "HAHA VALUE TOWN BITCH" bet.

HMm i actually dont mind a call, i think we're ahead of his low PP's he bets as a bluff here.

GSykes
10-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Pretty easy fold IMO

buttonpusher
10-12-2007, 04:27 PM
I dont mind the call. He's going to be betting this river with air after your turn check, as well as with the low pockets that missed.
Can easily argue for a fold on the river as well.
I would have bet/folded the turn.

checktheriver
10-12-2007, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont mind the call. He's going to be betting this river with air after your turn check, as well as with the low pockets that missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that what air hands could Villain possibly have ? It seems very unlikely that he floated with stuff like KQo oop. I think I should have folded the river.

Results :
<font color="white"> Villain had 66 </font>

monkover
10-12-2007, 05:56 PM
this is the easiest turn bet ever imo, you´re in position. bet about 9$, you chrage 1 card heart draws and villain is with 99% certainty not bluffing the river. bet the turn! use your position! by not betting the turn you have a huge wtf decision. by betting the turn you avoind getting bluffed, charge fd, and set the price...

AFCBeer
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah bet the turn. About 2/3 pot is fine. Should still get action from overpairs but gives you a cheaper showdown on the river (assuming you check). Obviously instant fold if he c/r or leads big on river.