PDA

View Full Version : Spew or +EV?

KCrow
10-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Villain seems like a bit of a donk, with the min 3bets pf.

I figure I'll get called by any Kx, and two pairs. Or is it better just to call this river.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

CO: $107.10
Hero (BTN): $55.40
SB: $42.90
BB: $84.05
UTG: $48.65

Pre-Flop: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.50</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($7.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($7.50) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($7.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $7.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $51.90 and is All-In</font>, SB calls $31.90 and is All-In

CrustyFace
10-12-2007, 09:07 AM
If he is playing alot of hands tighten up when he is in the pot, also, i wouldn't be raising this in front of him if he is calling alot.

As played i wouldn't push here. I'd call behind probably.

KCrow
10-12-2007, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he is playing alot of hands tighten up when he is in the pot, also, i wouldn't be raising this in front of him if he is calling alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you mean but I'm not going to stop raising from the button when he's on the BB......fair enough when he limps, and even then it's good to isolate such players.

tannenj
10-12-2007, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

KCrow
10-12-2007, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you expand?

n4rf
10-12-2007, 09:29 AM
It's a spew IMO. You're going to get called by better hands and worse hands are going to fold. Looks as if he might have been slowplaying something. Players at these levels love to slow down whenever they hit a huge hand, even if they were aggressive preflop. Soemtiems I can tell right off the bat if villain is slowplaying if he is checking to me when his AF/Cont bet% is pretty high.

I think I would call behind as well.

Shattered
10-12-2007, 09:37 AM
I prefer just raising to about 20$ but since your read says he'll call that wide, the shove is probably better.
Also, not raising suited connectors on the button because villain's a calling station seems like bad advice to me as well. You might give up a lot of small pots but you'll bring in monster ones.

monkeymaps
10-12-2007, 09:54 AM
preflop is fine and raising on the BTN is fine even if you. know he is going to call every time.
I prob bet the turn after getting checked to twice I just cant help it even though check is fine give board texture.

you beat everything besides a slowplayed JJ TT IMO make a small raise on the river then if he pushes you have a decision but your push gets looked up by 2pair and AK alot here I think.

Lego05
10-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Whole hand is good.

Upgrade_U
10-12-2007, 12:33 PM
well played, you should have removed the "SB calls $31.90 and is All-In " line before posting tho

jwalk
10-12-2007, 12:49 PM
nice line, i like it +EV for the win here

soded
10-12-2007, 12:51 PM
This hand looks fine KCrow. Your raise from the button is fine preflop. Your all-in is fine as you are ahead quite often

CrAcK_N_CoKe
10-12-2007, 01:04 PM
If ur sure he would call with a lot of good K and two higher pairs i like it , if not i really hate it.

DennisGPunkt
10-12-2007, 01:56 PM
I love the shove /images/graemlins/smile.gif Doing this all the time against a certain kind of calling stations.. They just LOVE to make hero calls with their bottom pair.

thac
10-12-2007, 02:08 PM
everything's fine.. don't listen to the 'he's only calling better' [censored].. he's a bit of a donk and he min3bet.. he's calling worse.