PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions for Christians

AceofSpades
03-03-2006, 10:22 PM
This got buried in other thread, but basically the way to Salvation/heaven in the Christian view is that you

Believe in God and Repent/Ask for forgiveness from God

My question is: Can you do one and be saved without the other?

The reason I ask is because:

1)

A.
Isn't the prerequisite in asking for forgiveness make it necessary that the person be convinced of the truth of God's existence and what he requires?

or

B. Is Asking for forgiveness without believing in God is good enough?

2) Then is it justice to send someone to hell, if they never became convinced of God existance and his demands, and therefore can't ask for forgiveness, unless it works regardless of whether you believe?

Also, what about Christians that believe at one time, and then stop believing, are they going to heaven?

Joseph

BCPVP
03-04-2006, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Believe in God and Repent/Ask for forgiveness from God

My question is: Can you do one and be saved without the other?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I see a difference. Can you elaborate? Is your question can you ask for forgiveness if you don't believe in God? If so, whom would you be asking for forgiveness from?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what about Christians that believe at one time, and then stop believing, are they going to heaven?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone can know this with much certainty. God will figure it out.

madnak
03-04-2006, 02:41 AM
A third assumption made is that we have somehow done something to slight God, that we should ask forgiveness of him. That is, the assumption that we have sinned (even if we don't know what our sins were).

So, God must exist. We must have sinned. We must ask God for forgiveness for (aforementioned) sins.

To me forgiveness is what I ask for when I've seriously hurt someone. When I've [censored] up bad, and I know it. And then I want forgiveness from the person I wronged, want to make it up to them. That doesn't apply with God.

godBoy
03-04-2006, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To me forgiveness is what I ask for when I've seriously hurt someone. When I've [censored] up bad, and I know it. And then I want forgiveness from the person I wronged, want to make it up to them. That doesn't apply with God.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's precisely what it is.
The only difference is you don't feel the same way about sin as the orthodox christian God. He thinks it is [censored] up really bad.