PDA

View Full Version : is online poker aloud in washington?

geo8o2
10-11-2007, 05:44 AM
probably been asked a million times, but i get this question often, and i'm not quite sure the answer. can i play online poker in WA?

Goldmund
10-11-2007, 06:57 AM
I think it's louder in wash than elsewhere.

OMFGWTF
10-11-2007, 07:22 AM
there a lot of old people with poor hearing in washington

DeadMoneyDad
10-11-2007, 07:22 AM
What?

WA Gambling Laws. (http://www.gambling-law-us.com/State-Laws/Washington/)

Is there such a things as a WA poker lawyer?

I just read the codes listed in the link.

I was wondering about all the loopholes for various activities centered on charities, social games, and bar leagues.

My "sense" of the legislature is they don't want minors involved hence the bar liquor pass, they don't want anyone getting rich operating games for a charity, but there are specific holes for "skill games" like fishing?

How quickly would I get laughed out of the Commissionary's office if I suggested the part of my imagined poker site that was attempted to be played from a WA IP address was limited to aged verified players and limited to play chips with possible poker trash prizes at the most.

Remember the word of the month is leverage.

Then their are the charity questions.

Say I ID all WA IP located players, IMO if you are a WA resident or even a resedent who banks in WA but can drive to CA or Canada to play I'll allow you to play for cash and worry about the Feds later myself.

But if you're stuck in WA at a WA IP and I think there are enough players on my imagined poker site, how much of the gross procededs of any MTT would have to go to a WA based charity say the Bill & Mrs Bill Gates Foundation.

As for record keeping I'll be willing to report all WA resident winning weither earned in WA or not from the charity side or not to WA. Upon request of the Commission say I'd be willing to even go as far as to tell them how much has been wagered by any WA resident who played on my imagined poker site forever.

How much further would I have to bend over to get heard?

Yes this is a serious legal and political question.

D$D<--just sounds like a troll.

ericicecream
10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What?

[/ QUOTE ]

aloud (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aloud)

frommagio
10-11-2007, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
probably been asked a million times, but i get this question often, and i'm not quite sure the answer. can i play online poker in WA?

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Could you please repeat the question?

geo8o2
10-12-2007, 12:50 AM
so i can play? or i can't?

ginko
10-12-2007, 03:07 AM
It's a felony but not enforced, so its up to you if you want to take the risk.

mocky
10-12-2007, 03:50 AM
I'ts 'aloud' and kicking baby.

DeadMoneyDad
10-12-2007, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so i can play? or i can't?

[/ QUOTE ]

If my read is correct there is no law against playing on-line you could get convicted for operating a game if you tried.

The problem would be admitting breaking the "spirit" of the law in WA by paying your state taxes is their are any on poker winnings.

If you don't have winning to worry about play all you want.

If that is the case where and what do you play?

D$D<--a bit post whorish this morning but in a playful mood. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TheEngineer
10-12-2007, 12:19 PM
as long as you keep it aquiet

TheMathProf
10-12-2007, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem would be admitting breaking the "spirit" of the law in WA by paying your state taxes is their are any on poker winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no state taxes in WA for gambling winnings, as there is no state income tax.

Legislurker
10-12-2007, 04:13 PM
please can you edit the post title. pretty please. im not mr spelling but its bothering me today.

DeadMoneyDad
10-12-2007, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no state taxes in WA for gambling winnings, as there is no state income tax.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are realestate prices?

D$D<-- a true gypsy at heart.

Chxdgt
10-13-2007, 02:16 AM
As far as I know, real estate prices are holding fairly steady. They might have dropped a bit, but they certainly haven't fallen through the floor like they have in some other areas.

However, it's pretty slow and it's definitely a buyers market. Take my word for it... I've got a place I'm trying to sell right now /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Uglyowl
10-13-2007, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, work has been killing me, I missed this one.

Freakin
10-13-2007, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As far as I know, real estate prices are holding fairly steady. They might have dropped a bit, but they certainly haven't fallen through the floor like they have in some other areas.

However, it's pretty slow and it's definitely a buyers market. Take my word for it... I've got a place I'm trying to sell right now /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the seattle area is one of the places that prices haven't properly adjusted yet. There is definitely much more supply than demand though, so prices will likely continue to stagnate for a while.

govman6767
10-14-2007, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not going after players the gov. even said that.

TheEngineer
10-14-2007, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not going after players the gov. even said that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. It was a pun on his title.

Skallagrim
10-14-2007, 04:36 PM
The governor saying that they are not going to prosecute players has no legal effect. They could change their mind yesterday if they wanted to. And there are other ramifications to committing even an uncharged felony. Like being fired or barred from any job with a bonding or license requirement.

The governor's attempt to quell unrest by saying they wont prosecute players is an outrage IMO. Why pass a damn law if you are not going to enforce it. If you are not intending to enforce it, repeal it.

Keep fighting in Washington, please.

Skallagrim

TheEngineer
10-15-2007, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The governor saying that they are not going to prosecute players has no legal effect. They could change their mind yesterday if they wanted to. And there are other ramifications to committing even an uncharged felony. Like being fired or barred from any job with a bonding or license requirement.

The governor's attempt to quell unrest by saying they wont prosecute players is an outrage IMO. Why pass a damn law if you are not going to enforce it. If you are not intending to enforce it, repeal it.

Keep fighting in Washington, please.

Skallagrim

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. This law should be unacceptable to anyone in WA. I hope we'll all keep up the pressure concerning this law.