PDA

View Full Version : Paying Out Season Win Props (?)

KUJustin
10-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I bet a decent sum of money on Kansas to go over 6 wins on 5dimes. It looks like KU will all but certainly get to 6 this Saturday. Will 5Dimes pay me my initial bet immediately for the guaranteed push?

If not, do I at least get the full payment once they hit 7? I'd rather not wait until December to get paid on this.

AllinDan
10-09-2007, 07:17 PM
probably waiting until december

KUJustin
10-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Ugh, thought I was in the betting forum. Can I get a lift from a mod?

Also, ugh to December.

kyleb
10-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah they'll make you wait. :/

offTopic
10-09-2007, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, thought I was in the betting forum. Can I get a lift from a mod?

Also, ugh to December.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the rationale for the FrankTV thread, I'm sure there's a sufficient number of degenerates in here to allow for this thread to stay.

FWIW, I had an NBA future on the Warriors last year, and had to wait until the end of the season to collect. (This was on Pinnacle, and they'd already stopped operations in the US but honored the wager and sent me a check.)

Mediocre_Player
10-09-2007, 08:41 PM
check the site's rules on futures.

Carib pays the bet out as soon as it's a mathematical certainty to win.

youtalkfunny
10-09-2007, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Carib pays the bet out as soon as it's a mathematical certainty to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then Carib is not smart.

There's a reason why all the other books stipulate "Must play X games for action". It's the same reason why they similarly stipulate that a baseball game must go 8½ or 9 innings for action on the over/under bets.

Back in the 90's, players would demand an explanation for making them wait. I suggested that a catastrophe such as a plane crash, a terrorist attack, a players' strike, or the forfeiture of games due to the participation of academically ineligible players, could shorten a team's season, or even change their win total.

They scoffed at such an unrealistic notion back then. They don't any more.

RickAstleyFan
10-10-2007, 12:29 AM
If you bet on a team to win the division, and they do, you still have to wait til the end of the entire regular season.

Thremp
10-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Almost no one pays you out early.

Assani Fisher
10-10-2007, 04:24 AM
If you were betting with me and it was a mathematical certainty that you'd win, I"d pay you early....just something to consider next time.

Thremp
10-10-2007, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were betting with me and it was a mathematical certainty that you'd win, I"d pay you early....just something to consider next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban?

brendanb438
10-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Assani. Are you booking play money action now on bets? Can I get down a cool million in play money on Kansas City this weekend?

psuasskicker
10-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Anyone run into a situation where a future action caused the loss of a game? For instance, if Michigan winds up forfeiting the PSU/Mich game. Or even better, someone wins the Nat Championship, bets get paid out, then say a month later they get stripped of their title.

I'm assuming the bets stand, but anyone ever run into something like this?

- C -

TomCowley
10-10-2007, 01:24 PM
It happens not-that-infrequently in boxing and MMA when a victory is later declared a no-contest because of a failed drug test by the winner. The bet is still graded by the results of that night.

ImStillBen
10-10-2007, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There's a reason why all the other books stipulate "Must play X games for action". It's the same reason why they similarly stipulate that a baseball game must go 8½ or 9 innings for action on the over/under bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course this is necessary policy in case someone hits a -3 run homer in the 9th.

crockpot
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you bet on a team to win the division, and they do, you still have to wait til the end of the entire regular season.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may be the rule, but most online books pay division winners right when they clinch.

in terms of season win totals, only matchbook and intertops have paid me upon a clinching victory/loss. most places wait until they have played X games for action.

MyTurn2Raise
10-10-2007, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet a decent sum of money on Kansas to go over 6 wins on 5dimes. It looks like KU will all but certainly get to 6 this Saturday. Will 5Dimes pay me my initial bet immediately for the guaranteed push?

If not, do I at least get the full payment once they hit 7? I'd rather not wait until December to get paid on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope...your stuck waiting

my ND under already hit at a few places...none have paid (5 dimes included)

then again, I haven't tried to get them to pay. Maybe contact customer service.

Oh yeah, while Kansas looks real good to cover this, it's by no means a given at this point.

MrFeelNothin
10-10-2007, 04:30 PM
5dimes payed me last week on ND under 7.5. I didn't say anything.

MyTurn2Raise
10-10-2007, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5dimes payed me last week on ND under 7.5. I didn't say anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!!!!!!???

argh...time for me to check on things

youtalkfunny
10-11-2007, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course this is necessary policy in case someone hits a -3 run homer in the 9th.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'll explain it so even you can understand:

Looks like rain is moving into the northeast tonight. I'll take the under in the games being played in BOS, NYY, NYM, PHL, etc.

I'm a big favorite to win my under bets if they don't play the last three or four innings.

People who like to bet games to go over, change their tune when they get beat a few times by this loophole, and they become under bettors.

"OK then, use the 8½ or 9 rule for games that haven't gone over yet, but throw it out once the teams have scored enough runs to clinch the over."

Ignoring for a moment that lines move, and some bets will be no-actioned while others won't...

Now I'll bet every game in the rainy area to go over. Now I've got a ton of outs:

--if they complete the game, and it goes over, I win;

--if they don't complete the game, and it goes over, I win ("8½ or 9" rule does not apply);

--if they complete the game, and it goes under, I lose;

--if they don't complete the game, and it goes under, I push ("8½ or 9" rule applies).

Only an idiot would bet such a game under. Over bettors have loopholes not available to under bettors.

Stipulating that the game must go the distance puts the over bettors and under bettors on equal ground.

Same thing with Season Wins bets. A Season Wins bet is less likely to be curtailed than a baseball game in the path of a storm, but the same principle applies.