PDA

View Full Version : Uhhhhhhhh.....

Aukai
01-05-2006, 08:48 PM
2 different cities and different stats, though one was over only about 50 hands so might not be representative. WTF?

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8171/huh5vc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MostKnownUnknown
01-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Insta-Email

IggyWH
01-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Different city (and stats) for that matter doesn't mean a thing. This is an easy email to send.

xenthebrain
01-05-2006, 08:54 PM
People used to name themselves slightly different than know highstakes donks to confuse the other players.

This might just be someone in a lowstakes game who adopted this idea.

Colluders aren't not even that stupid.

IggyWH
01-05-2006, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Colluders aren't not even that stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...

Aukai
01-05-2006, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Insta-Email

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh believe me, it was.

Mempho
01-05-2006, 09:22 PM
I bet its just two very similar names...only one character is different. I'm sure Anna Nicole is a popular name due to Anna Nicole Smith. Still, I would make sure it was checked out...but, like someone said, its hard to believe that a colluder could be this stupid.

MostKnownUnknown
01-05-2006, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet its just two very similar names...only one character is different. I'm sure Anna Nicole is a popular name due to Anna Nicole Smith.

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious?

Vincent
01-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Coincidence (she is a celeb) or one player named himself after another bad player. I've done that.

Tinga
01-05-2006, 09:41 PM
wow, weird.

please post a follow up to what party says.

Tony_P
01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
"People used to name themselves slightly different than know highstakes donks to confuse the other players.

This might just be someone in a lowstakes game who adopted this idea."

I think my 6 months is almost up and I can change my party name again. I'm going to do this.

Scotty.
01-05-2006, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"People used to name themselves slightly different than know highstakes donks to confuse the other players.

This might just be someone in a lowstakes game who adopted this idea."

I think my 6 months is almost up and I can change my party name again. I'm going to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should add that player to your buddy list and follow them around too.

Fraubump
01-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Nice play taking down that hand with nuthin.

Aukai
01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice play taking down that hand with nuthin.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the resident maniac.

The "name yourself after the fish" theory is good and all, but neither of these were buddy-listable fish. Both were tight, one was rockish and one mid-20sish.

I'll post a follow-up once Party finishes their investigation.

Lost Wages
01-05-2006, 10:31 PM
I play on Party as Lost_Wages. There is also a LostWages that is not me nor do I have any idea who he is. We have sat at the same table.

Lost Wages

TwistedEcho
01-05-2006, 10:59 PM
maybe someone copied their friends acc, and sits at their table for time to time, not colluding but messing around? When i played under AP as Eddie12345, someone called Eddie23 used to play there too. No idea who it was, but lots of people would assuming collusion when we sat at same sngs etc.

Mempho
01-05-2006, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet its just two very similar names...only one character is different. I'm sure Anna Nicole is a popular name due to Anna Nicole Smith.

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am...I've seen many very close name variations that were clearly not the same player.

cracker9521
01-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Could be the student/teacher thing as well.

Aukai
01-06-2006, 12:18 AM
The word from Party-

We thank you for your recent communication, wherein you expressed concerns over the game play of two players, whom you had observed in our poker room.

Be assured that any reports from players are always fully investigated and an extensive collusion checking process is completed on the relevant accounts.

Our focus was directed in an effort to examine any possible association either by way of hand histories or by way of any linkages between them by way of financial information or other parameters before coming to any manner of a conclusion.

1. The players have just played on one table together. We had further contrasted their game play individually to check whether the same consistency is followed and we confirmed the same.

2. We then studied the frequency of their logins and logouts, in order to confirm any pattern that suggests, that they are scheduling their presence at the tables, but no strange coincidences have shown up either.

3.We then proceeded with a check on their accounts in the given below format: -

a) - We have proceeded to investigate any Inter Account Transfers from one account to the other

b) - We then proceeded to check all their IP to check up whether their IP come from a different place then the one that they have mentioned on their accounts.

c) - We have also checked into their profile information to check up for any similarities in either their profile information or their financial information to indicate any kind of association to each other.

d) - We have checked up their chat logs to see any kind of personal and prolonged contact with each other.

e) - Our final effort was directed in an effort to check up all the player that were related to these two accounts (references, similar IP, players associated with buddy list, inter account transfers, etc) and any association between any accounts common to both, which would also imply a possibility of the association between these two users.

In this particular case and after a detailed investigation on their hand history and by comparing their style of game play individually, and also based on the above parameters, we have been able to draw a conclusion that there has been no foul play involved here.

We thank you for the report; we appreciate it, as keeping the games honest is our highest priority.

Should you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us via e-mail at alerts@PartyPoker.com.

Chaitanya
Investigations Team
alerts@PartyPoker.com.

BradleyT
01-06-2006, 12:26 AM
One's a zero the other is a lowercase o.

StepBangin
01-06-2006, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding?

Anyways, party said: "The players have just played on one table together"

Highly unlikely

Autocratic
01-06-2006, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding?

Anyways, party said: "The players have just played on one table together"

Highly unlikely

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think Party might be in on it, too?

WordWhiz
01-06-2006, 01:37 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. How many people play on party? Like ten gazillion? You just happened to get two people who chose very similar names at the same table. I once had a guy sit at my table who had the same handle that I used on a different site. I did a double take when the site said "XXX sits down." WTF? I'm already sitting here, I thought.

Another time at Party, where my handle is JameGumb, some guy named LouisFriend sat at my table. (Google if you don't get it). That was a little freaky, but just coincidence. With so many people, it's bound to happen once in a while.

Sniper
01-06-2006, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another time at Party, where my handle is JameGumb, some guy named LouisFriend sat at my table. (Google if you don't get it). That was a little freaky, but just coincidence. With so many people, it's bound to happen once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have been even weirder if Clarice sat down to play! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mempho
01-06-2006, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have been even weirder if Clarice sat down to play! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, she was at Hannibal's table. I hear she check-raised him all-in.

CrazyEyez
01-06-2006, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my handle is JameGumb

[/ QUOTE ]
Creepy. Do you tuck it?