PDA

View Full Version : how about taking into consideration the header?

bwana devil
03-03-2006, 01:01 PM
i have posted some software questions in OOT and they got moved to the "general gambling - software" forum. they had nothing to do w/ gambling. seems the software forum should just be moved under Other Topics as a lot of questions are about general software.

the books/publication forum posts sticks to gambling books. you wouldnt see unrelated books in there. seems to make sense to apply the rule to software of move from the software forum.

also, psych is a subheading under general gambling. if it doesnt have anything to do w/ gambling, it should go in OOT. the mods often make the suggestion about posting general life issues in the "general gambling - psych" forum as well. it's bothersome to go into the psychology forum and seeing general psych questions there.

bwana

shakingspear
03-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Sorry. Wrong forum.

bwana devil
03-03-2006, 01:46 PM
too late to edit but it was "general gambling - computer technical help" not "software."

bwana

MrWookie
03-03-2006, 03:00 PM
We've had some discussion in the Mod forum about moving CTH to the Other Topics header, right next to OOT, or perhaps above Suggestions. It was well received, but it won't happen until after a software upgrade (not too far off).

Elevens
03-03-2006, 03:17 PM
I think there are a few that could/should be moved to "Other Topics". A lot of the content has either nothing to do about gambling or isn't exclusive to gambling.

bwana devil
03-03-2006, 03:25 PM
ahhhh. i just breathed sigh of relief.

bwana

bobbyi
03-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Before the CTH forum existed, computer help forums were usually asked in the zoo. When CTH was spun off into its own forum, it was placed near Internet in the sidebar so that people would see it who were going to the zoo to post their computer questions. Yeah, it might make sense to move it now.

MicroBob
03-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Was the psychology forum originally supposed to be about psychology AT the poker-table?
Somehow I think this was the original intent (although I wasn't around when this forum started...this is just a wild guess).
Stuff like showing a junk-hand for advertising value and stuff like that.

Somehow it has morphed into something completely different from what was originally intended.

I think the WPT forum was originally supposed to be about discussing interesting hands that we saw on TV.
Not about whether or not Liz Lieu is hot or whether Hellmuth looks like a tool with those headphones he wears.

Interesting how it seems some of these forums might change over time.