PDA

View Full Version : MONEYGRAM and WESTERN UNION from proposed regs???

sup_bro
10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
i was reading another website which basically said that from the proposed regs. that WU and MGRAM are to BLOCK all transactions related to gambling...but here is my question, i have used them in the past to deposit monies onto pokerstars and it seems near to IMPOSSIBLE for them to discern between a gambling transaction and one to a legitimate business...this seems like a very very very easy thing for pokerstars to overcome, or am i being way too optimistic???

DeadMoneyDad
10-02-2007, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i was reading another website which basically said that from the proposed regs. that WU and MGRAM are to BLOCK all transactions related to gambling...but here is my question, i have used them in the past to deposit monies onto pokerstars and it seems near to IMPOSSIBLE for them to discern between a gambling transaction and one to a legitimate business...this seems like a very very very easy thing for pokerstars to overcome, or am i being way too optimistic???

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on if WU or MGRAM need or want any thing from the Fed Reserve.

D$D

Grasshopp3r
10-02-2007, 12:50 PM
The OP should cite primary sources from the companies involved. Rumors and speculation are not helpful.

WU and MGRAM are involved in the transfer of billions to the third world from illegals. They should be seized for their aid to criminals.

sup_bro
10-02-2007, 12:55 PM
the site i got that info from was from COMPATIBLE POKER's website....here is the excerpt from his cliff notes....

"MoneyGram and Western Union will be forced to block gambling transactions under these regulations."

http://www.compatiblepoker.com/Proposed+Regulations+for+UIGEA+are+Published.new.h tm

they can be found in the 3rd bullet point UNDER THE AFFECTED TRANSACTIONS section

DeadMoneyDad
10-02-2007, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The OP should cite primary sources from the companies involved. Rumors and speculation are not helpful.

WU and MGRAM are involved in the transfer of billions to the third world from illegals. They should be seized for their aid to criminals.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my point about the proposed rule being a naked attempt by the FED to get the banks to do a uniquely governemental activity, determining the legality of a transaction, for them with our any "due process" rights for poker players, as the FED is offering them a completely liability free pass!

D$D<--wondering what elese is being offered????

poorolrich
10-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Maybe the Feds just want WU and MGRAM to enforce their own rules, at least with WU it is against their rules to knowinly wire money to a gambling website. Of course it is nearly impossible for them to know but ?????

Legislurker
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
There should be a plan from the PPA in place to sue if they start blocking transfers to individuals overseas without some sort of concrete knowledge of illegality, which they can't have. There has to be some sort of consumer protection laws to send money to whomever i like that is not a criminal.

CompatiblePoker
10-03-2007, 03:18 AM
Under section II-B-4 is where it talks specifically about moneygram and western union specially. It's under....

II. Section by Section Analysis
B. Designated Payment Systems
4. Money Transmitting Services

Or just skip to page 11.

Also while we're on the subject we have I. Nelson Rose from gamblingandthelaw.com is writing an article on these regulations for us.

xxThe_Lebowskixx
10-03-2007, 06:36 AM
what is D$D?

Uglyowl
10-03-2007, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is D$D?

[/ QUOTE ]

The poster DeadMoneyDad

DeadMoneyDad
10-03-2007, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]