PDA

View Full Version : The dreaded hooks, whats your move here?

valdiesel
10-01-2007, 10:18 PM
opponent is 23/16 and ive only played 1pot with him and he saw me show down a set.

what do we do here on turn? It's obv he is representing a big pp here.

Should I have played it differently preflop or on flop?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $34.70
BB: $51.45
UTG: $34.05
Hero (MP): $64.90
CO: $47.70
BTN: $7.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $7.00</font>, Hero calls $5.00

Flop: ($14.25) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $8.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00

Turn: ($30.25) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $20.00</font>, [i]Hero?

mookboi
10-01-2007, 10:23 PM
If you are calling this preflop, you aren't set mining, because you aren't getting the necessary odds to set mine. So you are calling for over-pair value strictly, and I think you really couldn't have asked for a better flop. If you are going to fold after this uber-dry flop &amp; turn, then do not call this preflop. Just fold. It's not a big deal.

However, if you do decide to continue with JJ preflop, this is the flop to stack off on!! If you didn't stack off on flop, stack off on turn! What better board were you hoping for preflop?

valdiesel
10-01-2007, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are calling this preflop, you aren't set mining, because you aren't getting the necessary odds to set mine. So you are calling for over-pair value strictly, and I think you really couldn't have asked for a better flop. If you are going to fold after this uber-dry flop &amp; turn, then do not call this preflop. Just fold. It's not a big deal.

However, if you do decide to continue with JJ preflop, this is the flop to stack off on!! If you didn't stack off on flop, stack off on turn! What better board were you hoping for preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you refresh my memory on what are the odds I need? I keep getting different answers.

Idont know what I didnt stack off thats why is asking

AFCBeer
10-01-2007, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you refresh my memory on what are the odds I need? I keep getting different answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really you need to be getting at least 12 to 1 implied odds to set mine. So basically to call $5 you need to think you will win on average a $60 pot when you flop a Jack. Since villain does not even have $60 in his stack then you can't set mine.

The only time you can call getting worse than about 12 to 1 is if you know for a fact villain has AA and will stack off on ANY flop. This is not the case here.

valdiesel
10-01-2007, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really you need to be getting at least 12 to 1 implied odds to set mine. So basically to call $5 you need to think you will win on average a $60 pot when you flop a Jack. Since villain does not even have $60 in his stack then you can't set mine.

The only time you can call getting worse than about 12 to 1 is if you know for a fact villain has AA and will stack off on ANY flop. This is not the case here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks