PDA

View Full Version : AK Top pair flush comes on the turn

allstarrt
10-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Villian is unknown to me. Can you find a fold or is this an easy stack?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $31.90
BB: $19.70
UTG: $24.40
MP: $46.70
CO: $13.55
Hero (BTN): $25.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.85</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.90</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $2.05

Flop: ($6.15) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $8.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

Turn: ($22.15) T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $10.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $14.10</font>, MP calls $4.10

River: ($50.35) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $50.35 ($2.50 Rake)

mookboi
10-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Personally I make preflop bigger, to not give him odds to setmine. It's a 3betpot, and I got a hand I'm stacking off with if I hit K or A probably, so set mining is a danger.

I just 3bet-shove this on flop. I mean, pot is like 16 at this point, you got like 14 left behind. Just get it in while yer ahead.

ybother
10-01-2007, 11:37 PM
that flop raise smells like a combo draw that hits the turn, I fold

DancinGopher
10-01-2007, 11:47 PM
As with everything, it depends a lot on situation. You re-raised a standard raise, as you should. But how often do you that that; i.e. how much respect should you get for that? I'll assume not too often and a preflop reraise has a significant amount of respect.

I wouldn't be scared of the flush here. Because of your preflop re-raise I would assume his call means he actually has something. I doubt he would call with just J9/images/graemlins/club.gif. If he does have two clubs they have to be AK, maybe AQ. I'd put him on a pair, probably in the range 9-Q.

His $8 (min check-raise) is probably just a tester for what he thinks may be an automatic continuation bet on your part.

I think you played preflop well. Your moment of decision is his $8 bet on the flop. Calling probably isn't the right play. If you put him on 99, QQ or a flush draw you should have reraised all-in here.

The min raise probably means he is just trying to test you as cheaply as possible or he has a monster and is trapping. The only monster he could have is AK/images/graemlins/club.gif, in which case you're 70% to split. If he had AA or 77 then he wouldn't min-raise and let you in for a club draw so cheap. He might think his AQ is a monster, in which case you got him.

There are too many turn cards that would scare me. Any club or 9-Q and I'll think he just sucked out on me. If I think I have the best hand and the next card will probably scare me, it is time to push.

allstarrt
10-02-2007, 12:10 AM
So coming over the top with an all in is the best play on the flop? I find most people do this with a weaker ace and bluffs. With the bluffs i want him to continue going which is why I just called his min raise. And if he has clubs he has clubs right? Would you fold the turn?

Dallas Dru
10-02-2007, 12:19 AM
push over the the top on the flop because there is no point to let him see the next card for free when you have a strong hand such as yours. also by calling is reraise you put the villain in control of hand by pushing off your aggressiveness.