PDA

View Full Version : NL50 - TPTK w AK, standard?

Ramana
10-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I have no stats on villain, but from what I've seen, I think he is the standard 18/12/2 tagfish. Does any other line make sense here or do we simply have to hope that villain holds AK aswell or overplays something?

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

MP ($28.50)
CO ($45.40)
Hero ($49.25)
SB ($13.49)
BB ($65.18)
UTG ($102.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $5.

Flop: ($14.75) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, CO calls $11.

Turn: ($36.75) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $31.25 (all-in)</font>

Ramana
10-01-2007, 09:23 PM
bump

creamfillin
10-01-2007, 09:29 PM
I think I check behind on the turn. The only thing we really beat at this point against a TAG's 3B calling range is like KJ which I don't see us squeezing out much more value from. He could have also flopped a straight with JT and there are just too many other ugly combinations.

Hiltonian
10-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Check flop.

Ramana
10-01-2007, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
care to elaborate why?

DonManuel
10-01-2007, 09:54 PM
I like it

DerrtySlime
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
care to elaborate why?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll take a shot. becaus eyou really don't want to make this pot big while your hand is only TPTK on a really bad board for value. Does a Queen ever call you? if you check the turn, you may be able to get value out of AQ or TT or something. Don't make this pot big.

DerrtySlime
10-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Also, your hand does not look like a bluff in the slightest so i see no reason to shove.

mookboi
10-01-2007, 10:08 PM
In my opinion, this is pretty standard. At least for me. I'm 3betting this preflop hoping to hit a K. I hit a K. Yay. Time to get the money in the middle. I don't see myself getting away from this hand, we are playing for top pair hands with 100BB stacks, I think flop &amp; turn are standard. Yeah, he shows up here with crap like KQ or something with a 9, or JT every once in a while, but you charged him for that preflop. I shrug and move in as you did. The only spot I can really see deviating from your line, is on the turn. But, really, we have less than a PSB left, so I just get it in. I think if you are asking whether or not this is standard, or what you can do to avoid getting stacked over here, a lot of it depends on your read on the player and how decent he is. How often does he fold to flop cbets, flop bets, etc. What's his turn &amp; river aggression. For example, if homeboy in question fold to flop bet like 85% of the time, and his river aggro factor is like .5 over a significant # of hands, I check behind on turn and fold to river bet. But if you don't have reads over a number of hands, and this is just your standard "tagfish" as you said, I stack off here.

BukNaked36
10-02-2007, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I check behind on the turn. The only thing we really beat at this point against a TAG's 3B calling range is like KJ which I don't see us squeezing out much more value from. He could have also flopped a straight with JT and there are just too many other ugly combinations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead on. Best you're getting is a split, so no reason to push it.

.xxxx.
10-02-2007, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead on. Best you're getting is a split, so no reason to push it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what's our plan on the river?
villain open pushes...we fold?
villain bets &lt;$25...easy call or scarier call?

Nick C
10-02-2007, 02:23 AM
It seems okay to me. I think we're basically committed, and we don't know who's drawing, but at least when we bet, we don't give hands like JJ, TT, KJs and QJs a free shot at a 6-7 outer.

On the other side of the equation, if we check, Villain might let us off a little easy with less than a push on the river. I wouldn't count on saving a whole lot, though.

kindergartencop
10-02-2007, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems okay to me. I think we're basically committed, and we don't know who's drawing, but at least when we bet, we don't give hands like JJ, TT, KJs and QJs a free shot at a 6-7 outer.

On the other side of the equation, if we check, Villain might let us off a little easy with less than a push on the river. I wouldn't count on saving a whole lot, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i kinda disagree with some of this, i think any hand that calls our turn push has us crushed. we basically know what rivers are terrible for us, if we are willing to get our stack in here i feel we will often get more value from a worse hand by checking and letting villian bluff or maybe check call river with something like aq. i just feel this is a board where we never get called with worse, and i dont think this push is meant to be a bluff.

.xxxx.
10-02-2007, 07:04 AM
We would call another bet if any card came down that would connect with that range Nick? There is no value calling once a T/J/Q hits on the river

I think the main thing I question is playing TPTK this predictably, betting the flop and slowing down on the turn...the more I think this, the more I like the line you took on the turn

The main concept that our advice up til now is violating is how much more lenient calling standards become in 3bet pots, players get stubborn and may even stack off with AQ because of how much money is already out there.

JT/QJs/KJs should not be in villain's range given villain is tagfish, OOP and the pf action