PDA

View Full Version : Flop a set, turn card completes draw?

nebben
10-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Reads: Just sat down at the table, but haven't seen either player really get out of line. Stats are not significant, as they are over an extremely limited sample of hands (<25).

To the hand:Full Tilt Poker - Pot Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $16.25
Hero (BB): $33.80
UTG: $17.65
BTN: $32.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.85) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.85</font>, UTG calls $0.85, BTN calls $0.85

Turn: ($3.40) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.60</font>, UTG calls $2.60, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8.20</font>, Hero calls $5.60, UTG calls $5.60

River: ($28) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $8.35</font>, BTN calls $8.35, Hero....

Commentary: The turn was a card that I was hoping not to see. But at the same time, for one of the villains to have AK, he would have had to have called with a gutshot on the flop, or he would have to have a 9 for an oesd or a 9T for the flopped straight. While this is possible, I feel like a typical low stakes player could have a lot of different two pair and one pair combinations here. Against a range that includes JJ-99, KQ, AQ, AK, 98s-9Ts, KT and QJ, I have 53% equity on the turn. Does this range need to be tightened or widened in this spot (I feel like KQ could maybe be eliminated if I could assume the player was reasonably competent.)
Since calling the turn means that I have about 24 dollars left and a 28 dollar pot, what do I do on the turn? Given my turn action, what do I do if the river is a brick (like it was) or if the river is a disaster card (a 9 or a K)? As played, I am getting more than 5-1 on my river call, but UTGs bet is real suspicious. I'm pretty sure I have to call here.