PDA

View Full Version : NL10- tptk in multiway pot, is this okay?

youngmachetes
10-01-2007, 03:49 AM
all villains are absolutely terrible, and all are short.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $9.80
BB: $2.60
UTG: $9.40
MP: $7.10
CO: $4.30
BTN: $11.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.20</font>, BTN calls $0.20, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, BB calls $1.00, MP calls $1.00, CO calls $0.90, BTN calls $0.90

Flop: ($5.50) K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">MP bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $3.20</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $8.70</font>, BB calls all-in for $1.50

kroeliewoelie
10-01-2007, 04:03 AM
This is a nasty spot.

1) The pot is huge compared to stacks.
2) You have only TPTK in a multiway pot on a drawy board.

I think there is a huge chance you will have the second best hand here, since someone is probably on a flush draw, somebody might have AA, somebody might have a set or a OESD.

Betting here commits you, crai is too much I feel, c/f is
too weak.

I am curious what other people say.

Nick C
10-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Leading the flop is of course another option, but I think this is okay too. Someone is probably going to bet on that board.

Obviously, you could easily lose this hand no matter what you do, but in a pot that already has 55 BB in it, you are committed at this point, even versus Button (the one other player with a full stack).

Edit: You know, I would hate it so much if this checked through that I'm starting to think open-pushing is really the thing to do.

brandysbich
10-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Lead on the flop and try and get your money in

youngmachetes
10-01-2007, 04:09 AM
is this better/worse than bet/call? i was mostly curious about that. i think people are shoving their shortstacks in with wider ranges than they are calling with, but it doesn't seem to matter too much either way.