PDA

View Full Version : How do you respond to 3-bet with AK? (25NL)

foal
09-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Considering there is not a lot of light 3-betting at 25nl, how do you generally respond with AK (against a normal stack)?

whyherro
09-30-2007, 11:36 PM
If the player seems reasonably good and it seems like he 3-bet me due to positional awareness I usually shove. If the player seems like they aren't 3betting much I generally fold.

n4rf
10-01-2007, 12:12 AM
With no stats it's tough, sometimes I'd call sometimes I'd push. I see myself 4betting if OOP, and calling in position. Of course with stats, it gets to be a little easier if opponent is super tight.

Chicago Twister
10-01-2007, 12:14 AM
In position call >= raise > fold. OOP raise > fold >>> call. Except against a light 3bettor, in which casae raising is by far the best play in any position. If your opponent is a nit, folding gets closer to the top of the list.

Peleus
10-01-2007, 12:28 AM
As a small side note to what people have said here. I interpret raise ($1) > 3 bet ($4) > shove ($25) line as usually AK. I'll call with QQ/JJ in this spot probably 80% of the time.

On the flip side I find as a psychological thing of people trying to get more money in with their monsters the majority of people 4 bet for around say $15 @ 25nl with AA / KK. ($1 > $4 > $15). In this spot I usually lay down QQ / JJ.

If you're trying to show strength a lot of the time you might be better off four betting (unless people don't agree with me here).

KEW
10-01-2007, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As a small side note to what people have said here. I interpret raise ($1) > 3 bet ($4) > shove ($25) line as usually AK. I'll call with QQ/JJ in this spot probably 80% of the time.

On the flip side I find as a psychological thing of people trying to get more money in with their monsters the majority of people 4 bet for around say $15 @ 25nl with AA / KK. ($1 > $4 > $15). In this spot I usually lay down QQ / JJ.

If you're trying to show strength a lot of the time you might be better off four betting (unless people don't agree with me here).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is villain dependent and I do not think I could make that generalization at the micros..

While I agree with what you say(vs some villains) I find as many villain that are afraid to get there AA/KK cracked or play post flop that they will over shove PF...

john voight
10-01-2007, 01:55 AM
I'v always felt:

Playing AK @ NL25 for your whole stack PF is +EV vs random opponents. Now, if you are dealing w/ decent opponents this really changes, as they will not go broke w/ [censored].

Keep in mind, your hand has value from a full board, calling to see 3 cards is a common line, but obv you are check folding alot when OOP.

Its really an opponent based decision. Sometime you can c/r OOP, b/c of reads, your image, etc.. Sometime you shove PF for value, etc...