PDA

View Full Version : 10NL: pocket 10s

Yort Mada
09-30-2007, 09:57 PM
four handed at this point

i've only been at the table for 30 hands or so. the villian is 27/14. he has been pretty loose, i havnt noticed anything tricky by him so far

FullTiltPoker Game #3715792440: Table Fazio (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:10:25 ET - 2007/09/30
Seat 2: gottafish ($25.75)
Seat 3: hero ($19.80)
Seat 4: rootershooter ($15.70)
Seat 6: mullbie ($6.65)
hero posts the small blind of $0.05
rootershooter posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hero [Tc Ts]
mullbie folds
gottafish raises to $0.40
hero raises to $1.30
rootershooter folds
gottafish has 15 seconds left to act
gottafish raises to $2.90
hero calls $1.60
*** FLOP *** [3d 4d 3s]
hero checks
gottafish bets $2.50
hero has 15 seconds left to act
hero raises to $10
mullbie adds $3.35
gottafish has 15 seconds left to act
gottafish calls $7.50
*** TURN *** [3d 4d 3s] [8s]
hero bets $6.90, and is all in
gottafish calls $6.90
hero shows [Tc Ts]

*** RIVER *** [3d 4d 3s 8s] [7d]

castigar
09-30-2007, 10:00 PM
never ever raise that flop.

vixticator
09-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Flop raise is major spew. With that action preflop there is a good chance you are behind. Either call or fold on the flop.

corsakh
09-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Fold to the 4bet.

Yort Mada
09-30-2007, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop raise is major spew. With that action preflop there is a good chance you are behind. Either call or fold on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thougt that is a great flop for me? major spew, thats fine, can you explain plz?

Yort Mada
09-30-2007, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the 4bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright, but isnt his range really big here? Generally, does 4 bets mean big pairs? can you explain your reasoning plz.

thx

corsakh
09-30-2007, 10:34 PM
What makes you think his 4bet range is really big?

vixticator
09-30-2007, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thougt that is a great flop for me? major spew, thats fine, can you explain plz?

[/ QUOTE ]Nothing changed from preflop action. Why did you call there? Because he can have AK/AQ, I doubt he's got a hand worse than JJ pocket pair. If he's the type of player to be 4-betting light you should just move in preflop. On this flop if he has AK or w/e and this is just some c-bet, there's no value in raising. I don't think many players are firing again on turn with no pair. Mostly you are just beat preflop and need to spike set to win.

Khaos4k
09-30-2007, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the 4bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright, but isnt his range really big here? Generally, does 4 bets mean big pairs? can you explain your reasoning plz.

thx

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes it does. Or AK.

Peleus
09-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Basically at this level someone's 4 betting range is EXTREMELY tight. 90% of the time they will have AA / KK, 10% of the time they will have AK / QQ. You've still got the possibility of JJ in there 4 betting you as well, but that would be a small chance.

Vast majority of the time people with AQ / smaller pocket pairs might call the 3 bet, but not re-raise it.

I might would personally fold the 4 bet, but calling isn't bad, but the only flop you want is one with a T. Unfortunately it was a bad flop for you, as it is harder to get away from an over pair. Flop imo is a fold. Possible line you could do is lead out on the flop for around $2.5 to try and get AK to fold, but if you get r/r is a clear fold.

I can tell you the above is going to be true 99% of the time, and you will probably save money working off those assumptions, so even if he didn't have it this time don't be to results orientated.

Yort Mada
09-30-2007, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i'm clearly mistaken from what everyone is saying but, in my experience, people will open raise on the button then fire back at any resistance, i guess its an ego thing. it was just standard to me for him to 4 bet.

BrunoThePug
10-01-2007, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i'm clearly mistaken from what everyone is saying but, in my experience, people will open raise on the button then fire back at any resistance, i guess its an ego thing. it was just standard to me for him to 4 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the case with loose aggro players but the majority of people, especially at the micros aren't 4 betting with any old hand because your 3-bet hurt their ego.

john voight
10-01-2007, 01:38 AM
If he is not tricky, his range is 90% or time TT+, AQ+. AQ is a very loose assumption.

If you have been 3 betting him more often pf, this could be a playback like 40 or 50% of time (by a hand that you arent killing, like AJ, KQ, QJ, etc...) I highly doubt your up vs lower connectors, or PP here frequently.

So while his range can be kind of wide for low stakes(any faces + PP over TT) your not killing any of it.

So I guess you can stove it and see if pf call is okey. IMO def not, but I'm not folding here b/c I'm a spewer like that.

I will say your flop play is awful. What are you c/ring this for? Is it for value (none) or a bluff? I mean what hand are you gunna get himm off of, QQ? No. Only AK and AQ, and if he does have AK or AQ, a check call is much better IMO. IMO your c/r isnt worth getting AK or AQ to fold the few times he has it.

This is a severe misplay.

corsakh
10-01-2007, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right in this particular case. But don't let your ego get in the way of his in the long run. If somebody wants to dominate the table - its gift to any smart player with the position on the maniac.