PDA

View Full Version : What should I do here?

valdiesel
09-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I just sat down and have no reads on opponents.

1) what should I do on turn?
2) what do I do if he smooth calls a turn bet?
3) what do I do if he shoves( seems like an obv fold to me, but just want to make sure)?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $74.30
BB: $17.30
Hero (UTG): $50.00
MP: $62.25
CO: $53.75
BTN: $51.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, MP calls $2.00, CO calls $2.00, BTN calls $2.00, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($10.50) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.50</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $7.50, SB folds

Turn: ($25.50) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero?

Nick C
09-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Yikes, what a crappy spot to be in. All we can really hope for now are worse PPs and 5x (well, and also flopped gutshots).

I probably check and then make a decision. I'm not feeling too committed, though, so if Villain makes a good-sized bet, I probably just fold.

The problem with betting, I think, is that you really don't want to commit your stack at this point. But your unknown opponent could find all sorts of reasons to call the turn, and you're going to be in an awkward spot on the river if you bet and get called. (I agree that you should fold if you bet and Villain shoves, though, by the way.)

You're already in an awkward spot, though, to be honest, and I don't see any magic solution to solve the problems you now have in the hand.

ryang
09-30-2007, 09:45 PM
yeah tough spot, you could c/f which is safest. or c/c and c/c any non spade river. thats jsut ugly tho theres not perfect line for that situation.

relativity_x
09-30-2007, 10:13 PM
<font color="red">depends on the amount of risk you're willing to take. If you want to be safe, check/fold. If you want to try to win, bet/fold.
</font>2) what do I do if he smooth calls a turn bet?
<font color="red">check/fold river because he's not smooth calling that board with anything less than a flush/trips/TT+</font>
3) what do I do if he shoves( seems like an obv fold to me, but just want to make sure)?
<font color="red">easy fold</font>

Nick C
09-30-2007, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">depends on the amount of risk you're willing to take. If you want to be safe, check/fold. If you want to try to win, bet/fold.
</font>2) what do I do if he smooth calls a turn bet?
<font color="red">check/fold river because he's not smooth calling that board with anything less than a flush/trips/TT+</font>
<font color="red">easy fold</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, with regard to #2, I wouldn't be so certain about Villain folding, say, 7s7c. Or a hand like AsQd if Villain decided to float that on this nothing flop (unlikely, but not out of the question).