PDA

View Full Version : [NL50] how bad am I?

Ranma4703
09-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Effective stacks are 50$
I am dealt QQ in the c/o
UTG minraises, he minraises a lot of hands pf, and likes to minbet
UTG+1 calls
I raise to 4$ (first time I've reraised him pf)
he calls, everyone else folds
Flop comes out JdJs8H
he checks, I check behind because I figure there is not much value here - either he has a jack, and I'm screwed, or he doesn't and I'm ahead. I probably should have bet here, right?
turn brings Kc, he bets out 5$ into the ~9$ pot, I call
river brings the 4d, he pushes.
I feel like the river is usually a bluff, but it could also be KJ/88/44 going for the old stack-a-donk line. I think he never has a king here.

Nogatsira
09-30-2007, 07:37 PM
First of all you should use a handconverter /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

flop: I bet out here, you'll get called down by pocket pairs alot on a board like this. Maybe he'll call with overs, who knows, but don't let him draw for free.

turn: now you're playing passive while you might be behind

river: that's not the stack-a-donk line, stack a donk is when you are the preflop agressor, c/bet the flop OOP and check/reraise all-in the turn. I don't think you can really call here unless you got a good read.

Ranma4703
09-30-2007, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all you should use a handconverter /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

flop: I bet out here, you'll get called down by pocket pairs alot on a board like this. Maybe he'll call with overs, who knows, but don't let him draw for free.

turn: now you're playing passive while you might be behind

river: that's not the stack-a-donk line, stack a donk is when you are the preflop agressor, c/bet the flop OOP and check/reraise all-in the turn. I don't think you can really call here unless you got a good read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Site doesn't have a hand converter that works for it.

If I bet flop, and get called, do I call a turn donk? If he checks, do I check behind? Whats the river plan?

Nick C
09-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I probably bet the flop.

As played, if you're calling the turn, I think it should be with the idea of folding the next street if Villain follows up with a river bomb.

Which he did, so I would let it go.

Anyway, though, your hand has lost so much strength by the turn, and Villain isn't making his typical min-bet, so I think folding there is a consideration, although I would probably call like you did, not really anticipating that this Villain would follow through with that river bomb.

Ranma4703
09-30-2007, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably bet the flop.

As played, if you're calling the turn, I think it should be with the idea of folding the next street if Villain follows up with a river bomb.

Anyway, though, your hand has lost so much strength by the turn, and Villain isn't making his typical min-bet, so I think folding there is a consideration, although I would probably call like you did, not really anticipating that this Villain would follow through with that river bomb.

[/ QUOTE ]

his minbets are usually followed up with large bluffs - he uses them to test if anyone is strong.

Nick C
09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I bet flop, and get called, do I call a turn donk? If he checks, do I check behind? Whats the river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Villain bets the turn, I think you can call unless the bet is big. Checking behind (if given the chance) seems like a reasonable option just to keep the pot smallish in case Villain in fact has trips.

Nick C
09-30-2007, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

his minbets are usually followed up with large bluffs - he uses them to test if anyone is strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Villain runs big bluffs, then this becomes a very difficult hand. Aggravating though it is, I probably just fold to the turn bet.

If the king hadn't hit after a flop check-through, then I'd probably just go ahead and play for stacks.

Actually, against this kind of opponent, your flop check behind does have the advantage of encouraging a big bluff, but I think that turn card kind of spoils the play.