PDA

View Full Version : 7CSFAP - Trying to Re-steal

SimonAllan
01-05-2006, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't normally try this, but villain had been stealing too much. Is this too reckless?

Anyone give this up on fourth when he raises? I thought it was worth taking one off, because so much of the deck is helpful, and villain need not have much here.

I was planning to raise sixth if villain chose to bet.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises

4th Street - (5.10 SB)

Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls

5th Street - (4.55 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

6th Street - (6.55 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___folds
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

Total pot: (6.55 BB)

Andy B
01-06-2006, 01:40 AM
This is a low-ante game. There's really no reason to get fancy. Your hand is crap. The other guy got his money in first--let him take it. You put in a whole bunch of money with a dog on third and fourth trying to make this little charade work. The call on fifth is fine only because you've succeeded in making the pot bigger than it ought to be. You got very lucky on sixth street.

I think that opponent's low door card makes it all the more likely that he actually has something on third street.