PDA

View Full Version : NL25 AA

HighCardSeven
09-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $30.80
BB: $43.75
Hero (UTG): $25.00
MP: $14.25
CO: $26.10
BTN: $24.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.50</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, SB calls $6.50

Flop: ($18.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero ...

Pot Size: $34.25 ($0.90 Rake)

Should I make a halfpotsize-cbet and hope that Villain check-raises me allin or what would be your play on the flop?

1tripz1
09-30-2007, 04:02 PM
nh /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bet something for sure. Half the pot is a good amount, most pairs wont fold. I always like to build a pot here, if we check and the turn brings the 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or something and he then goes crazy i always feel abit stupid when they get there.

avfletch
09-30-2007, 04:03 PM
I hardly ever slow play stuff at the micros but the board is ridiculously dry and you have it killed. I'd check behind and look to get the rest in over the turn and river with a curious opponent who can't let go of something like JJ when I show weakness on the flop.

avfletch
09-30-2007, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nh /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bet something for sure. Half the pot is a good amount, most pairs wont fold. I always like to build a pot here, if we check and the turn brings the 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or something and he then goes crazy i always feel abit stupid when they get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the turn brings the 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif and his 23o just got there?!?

1tripz1
09-30-2007, 04:08 PM
no no, if they get there on the river coz i let them pick up a draw on the turn.

I dont know, i just dont like to give many chances at these limits. I guess the board is super dry so this time is alright.

kroeliewoelie
09-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I hardly ever slowplay, but this might be a good spot. You have 16 dollar left in your stack and the pot is 18 dollar. Since you have three streets of betting left ( including the flop), it is possible to get all in with checking a street. Already three aces are accounted for, so there are not that many AK hands left in his range. It is way more likely that he has something like TT/JJ-KK, of which it is very hard to get action from on this flop. All these hands need runner runner cards to beat you and are very likely to fold to any bet on the flop. I think checking here gives you the opportunity to get more value from weaker hands on later streets. And I am not scared to get outdrawn here, since this flop is extremely dry.

Micro Donk
09-30-2007, 04:17 PM
i feel the same way, i dont slowplay much but it seems like a good spot...most of his range missed this board, and at this point the only thing hes paying off with is AK, maybe AQ which becomes very unlikely with the 3 aces already gone

Prodigy54321
09-30-2007, 04:28 PM
you could bet small to get him to put it in with TT-KK or something

but I personally like a check on the flop...not only because the board is so safe and he may hit something on the turn..but because it might make a lot of opponents put you on like JJ-KK and get frisky

I like a check on the flop...betting like 6 on the turn and 10 on the river if the board remains incredibly safe...or a bigger turn bet (maybe just push) if the turn is not so safe...but really, there isn't much of a chance he has a hand that could pick up a good draw on any turn anyway...so I wouldn't rush things

Jamougha
09-30-2007, 04:30 PM
No reason to bet here.

ButSheSaid18
09-30-2007, 04:48 PM
I sometimes like betting something stupid like $4.50 because hes calling with most pairs and commiting money, making it hard for him to fold on later streets.

troxx
09-30-2007, 04:52 PM
i think another way. do whatever you always do, if you do c-betting a lot, not betting this time could scare away villain. I would pretty much play this hand like every other c-bet, maybe i should reduce betsize a little but not more than than. If villain is willing to commit almost 40bb preflop it's prety unlikely he will fold to a 1/3 to 1/2 pot bet with most of his range plus you give him a chance to reraise your bet while you hold nuts atm.