PDA

View Full Version : River bluffsize - advice

Spurious
09-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Reads:
Villain just sit down.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($36.15)
Button ($11.05)
SB ($24.75)
Hero ($27.65)
UTG ($2.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.50.

<font color="blue"> I 3bet because he min-raised, and i had position on him with a decent hand </font>

Flop: ($4) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

<font color="blue"> I decided to call here with TP, i didnt want to raise b/c of pot control </font>

Turn: ($7.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

<font color="blue"> he bets the same amount again, i decide to call and push him off his pocket pair </font>

River: ($11) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>

<font color="blue"> Is that too much? Would he fold to sth like 6$? </font>

whyzze
09-30-2007, 08:24 AM
You are going to get looked up a ton on this river. I am looking you u with 88-1010 for sure, even if you bet 11.

A few other comments: without reads you should just muck this preflop. Calling would be better. You have position. YOu need some history/reads to 3bet here.

You need to raise this flop. He is splashing around with a medium pp almost alway. Rep Aces here everytime. The minute you call he puts you on AK. The turn is a second chance. Raise here if you fail to pull the trigger on the flop.

On the river you have some SD value, a fd, and a pp lower than 7 is in his range. check behind. You have some showdown value and little FE.

FE on flop &gt; turn &gt; river imo.

gregorio
09-30-2007, 11:20 AM
This is not really a bluff. Villain looks like he hates his hand after &lt;1/2pot cbet and &lt;1/4psb on turn. If you are playing flop for pot control, then show it down cheap--why do you bet so big on River. You had TP on the flop and villain never liked his hand, so this has showdown value.

You gotta raise F when you make TP and he cbets &lt;1/2 pot, otherwise you are lost all hand. If you want pot control, raise flop and check behind turn, but i think you want value, and you can check behind on river after raising flop, betting turn if the 2 overs Q scare you.

If you want him to fold, river isn't time to get him to do it on this board. YOu do it by raising flop or turn.

BevillTheDevil
09-30-2007, 12:12 PM
id probably just call pf and look for pot control when we do hit the flop (though raising wouldnt be terrible). As played pf tho id probalby raise the weak flop bet, we've shown strength, we could have the best hand, the boards drawy, and i dont wanta see any more cards tbh. But Id just check behind on the river especially w/o a read. Theres really no value in bettin and your not even sure villian folds like 88-TT hands and given his bettin patterns my guess is he probably has trouble foldin those hands.

AbekatDK
09-30-2007, 06:57 PM
This is really an exciting hand! How did it end mr?

Quite new to this game so i'll just enjoy the comments, even though id just called it pf /images/graemlins/smile.gif