PDA

View Full Version : Tricky spot w/ OP + OESD

CruS
09-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Villains are all somewhat reasonable, no one has been getting out of line too much.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($15.75)
BB ($25)
UTG ($31.10)
MP ($7.65)
Hero ($42.65)
Button ($17.25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, MP calls $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($4.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4.25</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $17</font>, MP calls $6.80 (All-In), Hero?

Ok I have an OESD + overpair. I guess I have pretty nice equity in the pot almost no matter what my opponents have except for T9, 95 (which are not the most likely holdings) but I have only invested $0.85.
Can you call this?

brandysbich
09-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Easy fold, not only are you likely far behind but the best possible card for you is a 10 which might only split the pot with another player...that and like you said you only have 85c invested. Find a better spot

Genesis
09-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Fold. Your overpair is basically worthless. A 9 may/may not help you. You may be partially splitting even if you hit the straight. I would discount your outs to about 6 or 7 to be conservative. It's not even close IMO.

CruS
09-29-2007, 09:52 PM
The only hand that crushes me is a T9 (and I have two nines) in which case I draw to a split or runner runner to beat him.
All the other hands I have somewhat good equity against.
I think it depends on what UTG has here, since he is the only full stacked one.
Say for instance I face KK from UTG, a set from SB and MP has a random A8. I have 34% equity here.

Nick C
09-29-2007, 09:53 PM
If you knew you had 10 clean outs you would happily call, but since your outs are murky instead, you should fold -- even though it's frustrating to do that and then watch SB call and take the whole pot with 98 after a 5 falls on the river.

CruS
09-29-2007, 09:56 PM
ehm btw obv I meant do I ever PUSH here in the OP.

members_only
09-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Even if sb calls you'll be getting well under 2-1 on your push.

Looks like a fold to me

Nick C
09-29-2007, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only hand that crushes me is a T9 (and I have two nines) in which case I draw to a split or runner runner to beat him.
Say for instance I face KK from UTG, a set from SB and MP has a random A8. I have 34% equity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think UTG probably has an overpair or a set (with the overpair being most likely).

The problem is, if SB has 98/97/96, it hurts your equity a lot. He did bet strong big into the field, too, so a pair plus an OESD does seem like one of his likely holdings.

CruS
09-29-2007, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think UTG probably has an overpair or a set (with the overpair being most likely).

The problem is, if SB has 98/97/96, it hurts your equity a lot. He did bet strong big into the field, too, so a pair plus an OESD does seem like one of his likely holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true, but given the fact that I hold two of the four nines in the deck, would that not decrease his chanse of having the same oesd as me?
He is more likely to hold like 2pair, 56 or 54 (in the latter my 9-outs are dead) or he is just [censored] around and will fold after I shove.

Nick C
09-29-2007, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true, but given the fact that I hold two of the four nines in the deck, would that not decrease his chanse of having the same oesd as me?
He is more likely to hold like 2pair, 56 or 54 (in the latter my 9-outs are dead) or he is just [censored] around and will fold after I shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, having 99 in your hand does decrease the chances that another 9x is out there.

I don't really think pushing is terrible here -- it seems like the best play to me if your outs are clean. I'm just worried that they're not.

By the way, I seriously doubt SB has XX unless he's a real donk, but you're right that two-pair should make up a chunk of his range.

CruS
09-29-2007, 10:21 PM
what do you mean by XX? 56 is a pair+oesd definitely good enough to lead for a random villain and 45 is the straight.

Nick Royale
09-29-2007, 10:22 PM
This hand is giving me a headache. All these different stacksizes and people being all in left and right. Meh, I fold.

CruS
09-29-2007, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand is giving me a headache. All these different stacksizes and people being all in left and right. Meh, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best reasoning I've ever heard. TBH that's what I thought would be the response for this hand /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
TYFYT

Nick C
09-29-2007, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what do you mean by XX? 56 is a pair+oesd definitely good enough to lead for a random villain and 45 is the straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to "or he is just [censored] around and will fold after I shove."

Nick Royale's response was pretty much my initial reaction, too, by the way. This is one of those spots where, at the table, I would just have to take a guess as to what the best play was.

Nick Royale
09-29-2007, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nick Royale's response was pretty much my initial reaction, too, by the way. This is one of those spots where, at the table, I would just have to take a guess as to what the best play was.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this spot is close, but coming up with ranges for all these players, estimating how often you're drawing dead, drawing to split pot, are already ahead, have 10 outs etc and then taking the different stacksizes into consideration is a pain in the ass /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Without more info pushing can't be that bad, but just of the top of my head I think folding is better.

CruS
09-30-2007, 12:12 AM
Thank you for the response!
I am definitely on the line with what you Nicks are saying, and I thought about it for 15 secs then folded. They did have all types of hands that is irrelevant but my straight outs were good.