PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - K5 flops two pair from bb - line check

Gospy
09-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $5.30
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $10.40
MP: $2.95
CO: $4.00
BTN: $3.35

CO posts $0.10
Preflop: Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO checks, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.60) K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $2.10</font>, 4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $9.90</font>, UTG calls $7.80

Pot Size: $20.40 ($2 Rake)

Is this a good shove? I guess I figured he could have Kx or a fd. I pretty much play this the same way every time with mixed results, so yea. Thanks.

Swedebubba
09-29-2007, 04:51 PM
You are only behind against a set. There are a lot more hands that would reraise. I think a shove is fine here. +EV over time. Likely holdings are AK, AA and any 2 clubs as well as 55 and 99.

RobTheDuck
09-29-2007, 05:03 PM
I think a reraise is fine, but it may be more +EV to reraise less - perhaps make it $5 or $6. Obviously you want to get all the money in. Although villian could have K9 or 99 or 55 (or maaaaaaaaaaybe AA or KK), he most likely has KQ, KJ, KT or a FD.

Summary: raise less to not make hands like KJ fold, but def. get all the $ in the middle if you can.

Gospy
09-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Ok, being that I don't have top two, I don't see how I can't shove here. I mean if he's willing to raise 4x my raise with 4 people behind still, he likes his hand, I don't think he folds to $6 less than he folds to $10, so why not get the money in when I'm ahead?

Also, I don't really put JJ+ in anyone's range here. I don't see how I can expect to see AA or KK here. My thoughts are that I have Kx besides K5 and K9, medium pps, and flush draws beat so why give a card for them to catch up? I don't know this just seems easy to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

RobTheDuck
09-29-2007, 05:17 PM
So we agree on getting all the money in, we just differ on how to do it.

Assuming he has Kx+: I think that if you make it $6 to go, he either shoves right there, or just calls and then all the money ends up on the turn.

Assuming he has Kx+ but not AK or KQ: I think there is a chance he might fold to a shove. Even NL$10 players can fold K3 on occasion.

I am worried 0% about him catching up in on the turn, because I'm getting all my money in there no matter what (even the times when he does catch up before the last $3 goes in, it is still +EV for me in the long run b/c he paid too much on the flop to see that turn card)