PDA

View Full Version : KQ and action!

mbman
09-29-2007, 01:31 PM
This is my very first hand at the table.

Villain is playing 42/15/1 and I have one note on him "With TT: checkminraise low flop and then bet 18 into a 23 pot when his checkraise was called."

On the flop his range should be somewhat wide based on his stats. I opt to call in order to get a better idea of his holding on the turn. On the turn, he bets somewhat on the smaller side, which makes me think he has a pretty good hand but not extremely strong, juding by the note I have on him.

So, what is my best course of action here? Stack either him or myself through pushing, just calling and reevaluate river? (I canīt fold can I?)

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $30.50
BB: $51.95
UTG: $50.30
MP: $53.15
CO: $49.25
Hero (BTN): $49.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $7.00</font>, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($19.25) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $12.50</font>, Hero....

whyzze
09-29-2007, 01:35 PM
a 42/15/1 doesn't play a fd or QJ this way. this is a fold imo.

Nick C
09-29-2007, 07:41 PM
I probably call and reevaluate river, but I think it's possible that folding immediately is best.

Like whyzze points out, Villain's stats are not encouraging in combination with this line. (I mean, his line is kind of fish-speak for, "I have a monster.")

Logun
09-29-2007, 07:46 PM
I think this is similar to the AK hand I posted. I was told if he has a set ot some wierd 2 pair then he's getting my stack.

Personally I fold this now though.

Nick C
09-29-2007, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is similar to the AK hand I posted. I was told if he has a set ot some wierd 2 pair then he's getting my stack.

Personally I fold this now though.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one big difference between the hands, I think, which is that you have no read, which is more encouraging (given the action) than the fishy read we have for Villain in this KQs hand.

You're right, though -- the hands are pretty similar otherwise.

brandysbich
09-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Fold TPGK to a minraise on the flop when you raised from the button and its a drawy flop? I call flop, call turn and call if river is another brick. Give him another chance to bet his busted draw. Putting him squarely on a set or Q9 is way too narrow of a range on this board. 42/15 players raise/3bet a lot more than you guys are giving them credit for, especially if he's any type of thinking player he will have noticed you tried to isolate the limper IP.

Nick Royale
09-29-2007, 10:39 PM
I call the turn and call a blank river.

Nick Royale
09-29-2007, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a 42/15/1 doesn't play a fd or QJ this way. this is a fold imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have not much experience playing 50nl, but in my games a donk like this just love to c/min-raise draws on the flop. Also his af isn't that low considering his high vpip.

mbman
09-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Results:

With consideration of my note on him, I draw the conclucsion that he plays medium strength hands this way, which led me to believe that he had a queen. AQ he would probably raise, and I donīt want to give such a loose player credit for such a big hand.

There are a few scarecards which either would make me fold on the river or force villain to fold to a riverbet (any A, K or flushcard would probably scare villain and any J or T would scare me since villain might make two pair with these hands)...I also just had the feeling that I was ahead here, so I pushed.

Villain thought for a while and called with QJ and MHIG.