PDA

View Full Version : NL25 taking a hand away from villian

sharkscopeaholic
09-29-2007, 01:21 PM
villia-$22
me -20

he's utg and limps in and im on the button with JJ i make it .75 to go he insta raises to 2.25 obviously QQ+, so im set mining the flop.

The flop comes AA5 and now he has to have either KK or QQ and with mky action so far he has to put an ace in my range. He bets half pot and i just call thinking i can take it away from him on the turn with just about any bet.

He checks i bet 1/3 pot becuase this is what i think someone with AAA would do. He calls and now we both got about $10 behind, he checks river so ishould push right?

did i play this bad, i dont think theres anyway he can call a big river bet?

spivey
09-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Wrong forum, btw, use a hand history, I'm not reading this.

sharkscopeaholic
09-29-2007, 01:33 PM
if you arent going to read it then dont respond, basically hijacking, if i had time to find the hh while im playing i would

Nick C
09-29-2007, 07:16 PM
He'll be getting about 3:1 on the river. You've played your hand like you have a big ace, so pushing is the logical follow-through, but I wouldn't be shocked if you got called, especially since we appear to be readless.

One thing that might occur to Villain is that, since there are two aces on the board, the chances that you have one are somewhat reduced. Also, I don't think we can completely eliminate hands like AK and AQs from Villain's range, although I'll admit that if he has a big ace (or quads), he sure is slowplaying patiently.

And, on the other hand, if I had AK in your position and I stacked Villain here, I would be pleasantly surprised, so I guess that improves the case for a river bluff, but this situation comes up rarely versus a limp-reraiser, and I'm not really sure if a river bluff-push is a good idea or not. (Someone who limp-reraised KK/QQ might be very reluctant to let that hand go, getting 3:1.)