PDA

View Full Version : 25NL KK sick spot

acesfullokings
09-29-2007, 02:14 AM
Fairly new villian so nothing on him really. Good? Bad?

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $37
CO: $39.40
Button: $26.25
SB: $11.90
Hero: $49.50

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($8.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG calls.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($18.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $27.75</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $73.75

AZplaya
09-29-2007, 02:18 AM
I think you played this fine. I'm assuming you lost to A /images/graemlins/club.gif or 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif but I can't see folding the K high flush on teh river given pot odds. If you lost, its def teh ghey but chalk it up to variance.

Not to hijack, buy whats your turn plan if you get raised?

acesfullokings
09-29-2007, 02:46 AM
TBH I'm not sure, but I'd probably have to fold to raise here. I didn't plan this hand well enough, I probably should've checked the turn I think.

Micro Donk
09-29-2007, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TBH I'm not sure, but I'd probably have to fold to raise here. I didn't plan this hand well enough, I probably should've checked the turn I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

almost a guarentee you lost then

dont be results oriented. you cant fold to the raise on the river

crovax4444
09-29-2007, 03:53 AM
betting the river is spew, check and call a small bet. Every draw just hit that river, and what was TP is now trips. Give up

Crovax

acesfullokings
09-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Um I beat Trips.

KCrow
09-29-2007, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Um I beat Trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL nice play by the villain.

I think checking the turn and calling a river bet is optimal in this situation.

Jamougha
09-29-2007, 04:34 AM
Fold when he shoves the river since you're always beat. Kinda ambivalent about betting the turn but it's ok.

crovax4444
09-29-2007, 04:52 AM
sorry, didn't see the King of clubs

I'm still c/cing the river.

acesfullokings
09-29-2007, 09:14 PM
It's not about being results oriented, the reason I think I should not have bet the turn is that even if the club comes in how many times am I actually ahead here to make a value bet +EV. If he is also on a club draw with Acx then we are behind to a river club. So I think that a better line here is probably c/f turn and on this board c/c river.

Hail Eris
09-29-2007, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not about being results oriented, the reason I think I should not have bet the turn is that even if the club comes in how many times am I actually ahead here to make a value bet +EV. If he is also on a club draw with Acx then we are behind to a river club. So I think that a better line here is probably c/f turn and on this board c/c river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're really far more likely to extract value from a worse hand on the turn than on a 4flush river. Your line is fine, but he's like never bluffing the river so I would fold to the raise.

acesfullokings
09-29-2007, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're really far more likely to extract value from a worse hand on the turn than on a 4flush river. Your line is fine, but he's like never bluffing the river so I would fold to the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you advocate a c/f on the river? What about if the bet is small?