PDA

View Full Version : Parolee legality question

Neurotoxin
09-28-2007, 07:27 PM
A friend of mine is getting out of prison on parole for drunken driving and is wanting to play poker online in Texas. Is he going to have problems with his parole officer should he decide to do this? If they say no should he challenge it?

Flatlanman3
09-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Playing poker online is not illegal. You obviously havent done much research

Neurotoxin
09-28-2007, 07:40 PM
I am aware of the laws and how we interpret them, the question is would you risk going to jail by hoping that a parole officer sees it the same way.

frommagio
09-28-2007, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am aware of the laws and how we interpret them, the question is would you risk going to jail by hoping that a parole officer sees it the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Kid, have you rehabilitated yourself?"

DeadMoneyDad
09-28-2007, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Kid, have you rehabilitated yourself?"

[/ QUOTE ]

"A fine example of American blind justice...."

D$D <--- still has the original 8x10 color glossies with circles and arrows with the paragraph on the back.....

Legislurker
09-28-2007, 11:05 PM
A lot of states have laws about probation stating you can't enter an establishment that serves alcohol, whores or gambling. You can't associate with lawbreakers, etc. Your rights on parole basically don't exist. If your PO wants to watch you [censored] to make sure you arent breaking sodomy rules, he can. So if he says no, youre [censored], and then he might search your computer on a whim. Why not just keep your mouth shut? Its a drunk driving charge, id imagine the PO has more dangerous peeps to keep track of. Just have a job and report when youre supposed to.

tangled
09-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Drunk driving is a felony in Texas? Geez.

Ganjasaurus Rex
09-29-2007, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Drunk driving is a felony in Texas? Geez.

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on the circumstances. According to Texas Penal Code, a third offense is a 3rd degree felony. However, you can serve jail time for the 1st and 2nd offense in some situations, particularly if someone was injured/maimed/killed.