PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man Questions, Im dumb

hoyasnaxa
09-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Is there any negatives to signing up for this promotion? I dont even really understand it. I signed up though.

Pokeraddict
09-27-2007, 02:01 AM
If you get rakeback 27% of the overlay will be deducted, other then that I can't see any negative.

paulee
09-27-2007, 10:47 PM
It sucks away your life, for no real purpose really.

That's the fine print.

hoyasnaxa
09-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I dont understand the overlay part, I get 27% rakeback, so is it worth it to do this promotion? Does it matter what site you get the rakeback from? Thanks.

KEW
09-28-2007, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand the overlay part, I get 27% rakeback, so is it worth it to do this promotion? Does it matter what site you get the rakeback from? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really an "overlay"...FT will reduce your MGR by the implied value of your entry into the "freeroll"..Value =total prize pool/# of players...The net effect on your RB is the "value" X 27%....

The value of the freerolls vs extra medals is a personal preference based on your est. skill as a tourney player vs the value of the extra medals...

The freerolls pay-out about 33%-40% IIRC of the player base..The odds are rather good to make $$$ on a regular basis for even an avg player...

As with all promos it is a worth your while to "opt in"...Worse case you take a slight MGR hit this month but you are still accumulating medals that you will use at a later date to either purchase for example a bonus or tourney tokens...

freecard4all
09-28-2007, 09:50 PM
AFAIK only the freerolls hit the rakeback right now. If you choose the medals it hits the rakeback once you use them (e.g. if you buy the $600 bonus, your rakeback will be then reduced by $162)

ronbo1964
09-29-2007, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AFAIK only the freerolls hit the rakeback right now. If you choose the medals it hits the rakeback once you use them (e.g. if you buy the $600 bonus, your rakeback will be then reduced by $162)

[/ QUOTE ]

Tournament tokens obtained through the iron man promotion do not affect your MGR unless there is an overlay in the tourney you enter using that token ... This was stated by FTPDoug in another thread ... The best value per medal in the iron man store is the $216 token, then the $535, then the $75, then the $26, but even the $26 is substantially better value than any of the non-token items ... Iron Man freerolls do affect MGR ...

Jugador
09-29-2007, 12:27 PM
When is Iron Man tourney? I know its on Saturdays, but is it always the 2nd Saturday in a month, or the first, etc?

terrellk11
09-29-2007, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When is Iron Man tourney? I know its on Saturdays, but is it always the 2nd Saturday in a month, or the first, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Next month it's on the 13th.

hoyasnaxa
09-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Thank you everyone, this helped a lot.

five4suited
10-05-2007, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really an "overlay"...FT will reduce your MGR by the implied value of your entry into the "freeroll"..Value =total prize pool/# of players...The net effect on your RB is the "value" X 27%....

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I correct to interpret this to mean that this month's Ironman Freeroll entries are worth $117?

$30,000/255 (I think) players

KEW
10-05-2007, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I correct to interpret this to mean that this month's Ironman Freeroll entries are worth $117?

$30,000/255 (I think) players

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you calculated correct...Actual entrants 253

$30,000/253=118.57 X 27%=$32.01

MGR impact= 118.57
RB impact= 32.01

Important fact 90 places paid or 35% of entrants will make a min of $120..

I feel the payscale is very important when you make your value calculations between bonus medals vs freerolls..