PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Really tough spot!

bigjared
09-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Maybe this is easy for some of you, but I was completely lost as to what to do in this spot. We are almost 200bb deep which I am not that familiar with and he had over 30 behind the 12$ raise.

Thanks for your input.

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $49.52
BB: $31.71
Hero (UTG): $49.35
CO: $9.55
BTN: $77.96

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.55) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Turn: ($6.05) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $12.00</font>

Pot Size: $21.55

bigjared
09-25-2007, 12:50 AM
does anyone have any comments on this hand?

AAmucked
09-25-2007, 12:54 AM
You have a good hand but what hand can you really put villain on that you beat? Slowplayed sets/45/ seem like the biggest part of his range, especially since you have the A /images/graemlins/club.gif . It seems really hard to fold top 2 here but if villain is playing really straightforward like a 25NLer normally does you have to fold

bigjared
09-25-2007, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have a good hand but what hand can you really put villain on that you beat? Slowplayed sets/45/ seem like the biggest part of his range, especially since you have the A /images/graemlins/club.gif . It seems really hard to fold top 2 here but if villain is playing really straightforward like a 25NLer normally does you have to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the reply, I am wondering how often do you think he has Ax here? Ax being anything from AK to a weaker two pair like A3.

HU4coke
09-25-2007, 01:04 AM
Tough spot. I probably just call turn and reevaluate river. I usually go broke here.

AAmucked
09-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Bad villains will play AQ+ this way, if you think he's donkish that makes it lean more towards a call but against a solid opponent it's unlikely. I think a solid opponent would never call with just a pair of 3s on the flop against an UTG raiser here either, as long as your image isn't super-LAG

DaycareInferno
09-25-2007, 01:10 AM
i would move all in. without reads, he could have a smaller 2pair, a big ace, a big draw, whatever. i wouldn't feel bad about going broke with top 2 on that board.

Khumalo
09-25-2007, 01:15 AM
Do you have any reads at all on the SB? How did he get his stack, is he loose, aggro at all, TAGGY, nitty, etc.? This can really help narrow his range.

Is he really check-calling a set on the flop for a rather modest amount with someone behind him on this pretty drawy flop? Again, if he's seemed solid so far, unlikely. If he's passive / donkish possibly. If he's terrible and stupid-tricky more likely.

Second, your bet sizing is a little off, in my opinion. Bet larger on the flop and turn, this charges draws more effectively and helps to define any raises you meet more clearly. Your smallish turn bet (combined with your smallish flop bet) may have convinced your opponent that you have nothing near as strong as top two here, which may in turn have induced him to raise with a wider range than just sets. So it's hard to tell where you are on the turn, and lacking strong reads, I think you have to call and probably call another reasonable bet on a non-club river.

KEW
09-25-2007, 01:21 AM
This hand comes down to reads...You are both 200BBs deep you must have something(even just PT stats)???? What is your image and style????? Top 2 is very difficult to lay down without ANY type of read can't put villain on any sort of range...

If we assume villain is an unknown I call the turn C/R and be willing to goto the felt...Turn bet is too weak..Bet $5 to full pot on turn..The weak bet could also given villain the incentive to try and push you off your hand with a strong A or other hands..

Lego05
09-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Stats/reads could be extremely important here. Check call/ check raise is such a strong line....but you have a big hand. I can't see myself folding. It just depends on whether I just call turn and then probably just call river....or if I 3bet turn and then look to get it all-in.

Even just stats and I could probably tell you which I prefer. But stats and then an opinion on the guy's play would be even better.

He could have 22,33,A2,A3,AK,AQ,TT,54 prolly suited, or some random hand even. Stats or a read could start to tell which ones he has more often or even if he may just about never have some of those.

Waingro
09-25-2007, 05:56 AM
I would push. I would have to be pretty convinced that villain never calls pf with something other than pps to do something else. The looser the villain is pf the more combos of hands makes crappy 2pairs or good looking draws like the nfd. I would be surprised if even a tight villain doesn´t consider the nfd a monster on this board.

AAmucked
09-25-2007, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would push. I would have to be pretty convinced that villain never calls pf with something other than pps to do something else. The looser the villain is pf the more combos of hands makes crappy 2pairs or good looking draws like the nfd. I would be surprised if even a tight villain doesn´t consider the nfd a monster on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain can't have the NF club draw because hero has A /images/graemlins/club.gif, and how villain could show up with a Khxh combo on the turn is beyond me

ama0330
09-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Fold preflop. Bet more on the flop, and as played I probably end up going broke here as he plays so many other aces this way. With 200bb I might just call and see a river but its pretty difficult to put him on a really huge hand here

bozzer
09-25-2007, 06:58 AM
you are probably ahead of his range, but does he stack off with worse? tough spot.

YesMehFriend
09-25-2007, 07:10 AM
I dont fold to his raise. He could play 45 or a set this way, but a weaker A or 2p is a lot more likely imo. His line is strong but your bets are weak (bet more on every street imo). So I'd either go with calling turn and river or getting it in on the turn. Since he won't play to many draws this way I guess we can just call the turn with position.
And I fold this pf esp. with no reads.

Waingro
09-25-2007, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain can't have the NF club draw because hero has A /images/graemlins/club.gif, and how villain could show up with a Khxh combo on the turn is beyond me

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops! Looks like today is crappy posts day.

terencetsao
09-25-2007, 01:24 PM
ya, your turn bet is way too weak for him to bluff raise you.
Id like to call the raise and eveluate on the river.

bigjared
09-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Wow, thank you all for the replies. I'm glad to see that I was right to think this was a tough spot. To me it was a push or fold decision, either he had a set/45 or not. I decided to fold because I could not see him calling preflop or on the flop with any other 2 pair type hand, and both showdowns I saw of his were a set and a straight.. all be it he chased for the straight. That led me to think that he would chase with a flush draw and not semi bluff with it and that I had to be behind on the turn.

My bets were around 2/3 of the pot, are they really that TOO weak?

Eric Yang
09-25-2007, 05:25 PM
call then reeval i would say. especially because you're in position.

Jouster777
09-25-2007, 05:27 PM
11 combos we lose to vs. 18 we beat:

there are 11 reasonable combos here for villain that beat us: 22, 33, TT, 45s

If we are including 45s then we should also include A2s and A3s. I think given the weak flop bet these hands are still in play as is AK...giving 18 combos we beat.

What makes it close is he can get away from AK. I probably push turn but might call and let him bet again on the river.