PDA

View Full Version : Party: "Pick Your Prize" promotion

jukofyork
09-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Just noticed this (http://www.partypoker.com/news/items/pick_prize.html), but as with everything run by Party it doesn't make much sense...

So it appears as though you gain some points and then get entered into a MTT, but then you click on the "special" link in the payout column and the T&C don't seem to relate in any way to whats on the other page as it now doesn't mention the tournaments and starts talking about qualifying for a "cash prize". Then to totally top the lot it has this as one of the T&C: "Any Cash Prize not claimed before 23:59 hrs ET on April 20, 2007 will be forfeited".

Good old Party... I'm just waiting for the day where they actually run a promotion without [censored] something up... Juk /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PartyScout
09-24-2007, 10:03 PM
LOLZ /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A+ good find would read again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

grando
09-24-2007, 10:10 PM
the party promotion has to be better-worded than this

NL Newbie
09-24-2007, 10:21 PM
informing juk still ignoring me /images/graemlins/frown.gif <3 used to love you juk.... now your dumped!!!!!!!!!!!

09-25-2007, 12:19 AM
so you get the choice to take the cash prize or enter the freeroll?

jukofyork
09-26-2007, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so you get the choice to take the cash prize or enter the freeroll?

[/ QUOTE ]
It looks like they've fixed the T&C page and it doesn't mention anything about cash prizes now.

Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

notreallymyname
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Perhaps I can't count, but it seems that they've switched the $25k ("$2k", but that's just a typo) and $15k freeroll payout structures in the T&C and the prize pools are $14250 and $22500 anyway, not exactly what's advertised (didn't check the $10k).

...actually, they screwed up the tables for grind freerolls too so it's probably not me who can't count.

traz
09-27-2007, 11:34 AM
I noticed this as well. Anyone know what cash prizes we can claim for each tournie? I can't make out from the site

traz
09-27-2007, 11:51 AM
OH, is it that we can sign up for multiple tournies, or save up for one big tournie? Is that the idea behind pick your prize?

luckychancer
09-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Pick what prize? Getting into a freeroll with no guarentee to win anything is not picking a prize.

Berlino
09-27-2007, 05:15 PM
I don't know what problem you all have. As a public company, Party Gaming releases an annual report.

In it, they say how wonderful their marketing and promotions are, so your issues with them must be your own fault. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
09-27-2007, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pick what prize? Getting into a freeroll with no guarentee to win anything is not picking a prize.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, and even then the equity of the prize is too piffling to care about: 3000 players with a fund of $25k is a super-crappy $8.33 in equity...

EDIT: Since it's only "standard points" that count, then an Ace level player will have earned 2000 party points to get entry into the $25k freeroll (which if cashed, are worth $20). So the party points are actaully worth ~2.5x more than the freeroll itself!

PartyScout
09-27-2007, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, and even then the equity of the prize is too piffling to care about: 3000 players with a fund of $25k is a super-crappy $8.33 in equity...

EDIT: Since it's only "standard points" that count, then an Ace level player will have earned 2000 party points to get entry into the $25k freeroll (which if cashed, are worth $20). So the party points are actaully worth ~2.5x more than the freeroll itself!

[/ QUOTE ]

How much time you have spare Yuk is disturbing me. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You do make a fine point tho sir /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

traz
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
yea this promotion is really lame and misleading. I get one meh tournament entry? bah

PartyScout
09-28-2007, 04:41 PM
See you all in the $25k,i qualifeid in first day /images/graemlins/cool.gif

In that German beer fest event now last 45,need 1st-6th and i just lost 15k on AK.meh im such a fish /images/graemlins/mad.gif

PartyScout
09-28-2007, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
See you all in the $25k,i qualifeid in first day /images/graemlins/cool.gif

In that German beer fest event now last 45,need 1st-6th and i just lost 15k on AK.meh im such a fish /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dam out in 11th /images/graemlins/mad.gif

PartyScout
09-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Any body know the prize funding for the 25k? there was 18k in packages 6 x $3k packages so i assume theres $7k to be dished out.I read that the $15 11th place gets $200 so hopefully im due more than this:)

I just sent an email to my VIP host:
Hi just went out in 11th in the $25k Pick Your Prize MTT.

What cash prize do i recieve?Been trying to read on the site but cant find out hom much im due.The prize fund said $18k 6x $3k packagesand i assume the remaining $7k will be paid accordingly to the finishers in teh $25k

Tried to find this info on the site but found it very vague

Thanks xxx xxxxxxxxxxx

Pokerjeu
09-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Someone know the email address of the personal Host when we are a Ace vip player?
Or the fastest way to get a answer about a promotion?

About the Tourney promo they have now
it is quite stupid to see that
the poeple who will play the 10K and 15K tourney
have better chance of winning something interesting
than the player in the 25K
because there is 3 time less player in the 15K

I am qualify for the 25K but i want to play in the 10-15K

I want to write to them if it is possible to do so

PartyScout
09-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Thats why their Personal hosts,there not going to respond to anybody not on thier caseloads i guess so pointless excercise.

Just email support there fast anyways