PDA

View Full Version : QQ fold on river?

tailor
09-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Hi!

How do you play this? Villain:12/8/2,8/200 good regular player, 60%< agr. freq. on each street.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.15/$0.30 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $73.35
BB: $64.15
UTG: $55.95
MP: $94.00
CO: $10.60
BTN: $30.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.05</font>, CO calls $1.05, BTN calls $1.05, Hero calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.70</font>, Hero calls $2.70, 2 folds

Turn: ($9.90) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6.30</font>, Hero calls $6.30

River: ($22.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $9.30</font>, [i]Hero ?

TY

SycG
09-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't know why you wouldn't re-raise pre-flop with QQ. With everybody basically limping, it would be hard to put someone on a hand because they could have anything at the low limits.

Quester
09-24-2007, 02:57 PM
you played this way too passively.

First, you need to raise this preflop. You have a strong hand that doesn't do well in a multi-way pot. Get your money in while you have a big edge. Raise it up.

Second, because you only called preflop, you need to lead this flop. You could try to check-raise MP to trap some value from CO and BTN if you wanted to mix it up a bit.

Third, by the turn you are completely lost. You have no idea what BTN is holding because of how you played the hand. Lead the turn, or check-raise, or fold. Hard to say what is best here because of how you played it.

River, same as turn.

You have a lot to learn my friend. Stick around the forum and read a lot of posts. You can't play big pairs passively and expect to make any money in this game.

tailor
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you played this way too passively.

First, you need to raise this preflop. You have a strong hand that doesn't do well in a multi-way pot. Get your money in while you have a big edge. Raise it up.

Second, because you only called preflop, you need to lead this flop. You could try to check-raise MP to trap some value from CO and BTN if you wanted to mix it up a bit.

Third, by the turn you are completely lost. You have no idea what BTN is holding because of how you played the hand. Lead the turn, or check-raise, or fold. Hard to say what is best here because of how you played it.

River, same as turn.

You have a lot to learn my friend. Stick around the forum and read a lot of posts. You can't play big pairs passively and expect to make any money in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, i played this one very badly. You always 3bet pf with QQ?

Quester
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, "always."

In this particular situation, this is a 100% automatic 3-bet.

nutstoyou
09-24-2007, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, "always."

In this particular situation, this is a 100% automatic 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise to at least $6 pre-flop then lead the flop for 3/4 of the pot. Hopefully you would only have one other player against you on the flop.