PDA

View Full Version : Quick HU spot

lsaw2
09-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Villain has been playing loose and pretty aggro, at first there was not much 3 betting, then it all started, hes 3 bet me 3 times in last 6 hands i've opened. What's your normal line in this spot against a 40/30/5 (HU remember)

We've been playing 42/36/3

BB: $153.35
Hero (SB): $178.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.40</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $7.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, BB calls $14.80

Flop: ($44) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $33.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $66.00</font>

kaz2107
09-24-2007, 01:44 PM
he would have to b rather bad for me to stack off 300bbs deep with a mid pair in a 3 bet pot. u just have to sigh and fold here. look for a better spot. (if i had AA id consider gettin it all in)

09-24-2007, 01:54 PM
40/30/5 stats here are deceptive. This may seem hyper aggro LAG but it's HU. Any decent player would be just calling in pos with AA/KK...maybe even QQ, though less likely. In practice I might not pitch this, but that seems to be a very real leak in my game, is missing these setups. I really think you save $ pitching JJ here.

JW, what site and stakes is this?

lsaw2
09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
40/30 doesn't seem hyper agro it's similar to mine, we'd both been playing conservative, he'd been seeming to open up his game rather.

I just hate the check min raise so much!!! I wouldn't think about AA or KK here that would be insta fist pump shove. QQ I think I'd call and re-evaluate was just trying to see whether i'm getting pushed off the pot too easy/ can be exploited if I fold this regularily.

JW??

Site - FTP NL80dp

kaz2107
09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
40/30 doesn't seem hyper agro it's similar to mine, we'd both been playing conservative, he'd been seeming to open up his game rather.

I just hate the check min raise so much!!! I wouldn't think about AA or KK here that would be insta fist pump shove. QQ I think I'd call and re-evaluate was just trying to see whether i'm getting pushed off the pot too easy/ can be exploited if I fold this regularily.

JW??

Site - FTP NL80dp

[/ QUOTE ]AA and KK are by no means fist pumps.

lsaw2
09-24-2007, 02:12 PM
In this match I think they were, if he is cc a 4bet with 5x, gg.

Does anyone else c behind the flop for pot control??

kaz2107
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In this match I think they were, if he is cc a 4bet with 5x, gg.

[/ QUOTE ]this is wrong. he can have 66 and 5x and if we have KK then AA too. and i cant think of to many hands other then those that he will b willing to stack off with 200bbs deep here. thus makin this much closer then u think.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else c behind the flop for pot control??

[/ QUOTE ] checking behind on this flop is terrible. if u want pot control dont 4 bet preflop then. wut if u check behind on the flop and a Q, K, or A hits the turn and he leads out for 3/4ths pot!!?!??! bet FOLD this flop is best.

but i dont 4 bet here because of spots this. u have over repped ur hand up to this point and villian is still willing to get it all in. clear fold